Pro bike: Peter Sagan's Cannondale Slice RS
By Ben Delaney | Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10.59am
As with his road bike, Peter Sagan (Cannondale) runs his Slice RS time trial rig long and low. His reach is 60cm, measured from the tip of the saddle to the center of the pads. His drop is 18cm Ben Delaney/Future Publishing
As Peter Sagan (Cannondale) racked up four wins in seven stages at the 2013 USA Pro Challenge, cycling fans got to see plenty of his road bike. So, instead, here’s a look at the Slovakian speedster’s time trial machine, the Cannondale Slice RS.
Integration abounds on Sagan’s Slice, which has hidden brakes (Cannondale Naero-Tec mini-V calipers) and a fork that wraps around the front of the head tube to connect with the integrated stem.
Best known for his sprinting, Sagan certainly has the ability to do well in time trials as well, at least over shorter courses. At the 2012 Tour of Switzerland he bested the likes of Fabian Cancellara for the win in a 7.3km TT. In Colorado, however, Sagan treated stage 5’s uphill time trial as a rest day of sorts, finishing in 59th place.
Check out our image gallery, right, for details on his 17.24lb (7.82kg) Cannondale Slice RS.
Flush, flat, and fast – the perfect setup for a rider like Sagan
BikeRadar is not responsible for the
content of external websites
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Cannondale Slice RS
- Stem: Cannondale Slice integrated
- Handlebar: Vision Slice with Vector extensions
- Brakes: Cannondale Naero-Tec integrated mini-V
- Brake levers: Vision Metron aero
- Derailleurs: SRAM Red
- Shift levers: SRAM TT
- Cassette: SRAM Red, 11-28
- Chain: SRAM Red
- Crankset: Cannondale SiSL2 with aero spider, SRAM aero rings, 54/42
- Bottom bracket: FSA Ceramic BB30
- Pedals: Speedplay Zeros
- Front wheel: Vision TC50
- Rear wheel: Vision Metron Disc
- Tires: Kenda SC tubulars
- Saddle: Fi'zi:k Antares
- Seatpost: Cannondale Slice
- Bottle cages: Elite
- Computer: SRM PowerControl 7
- Rider's height: 6ft (184cm)
- Rider's weight: 163lb (74kg)
- Saddle height, from BB (c-t): 76cm
- Seat tube length (c-t): 55cm
- Top tube length: 55cm
- Tip of saddle nose to c of bar: 60cm
- Saddle-to-bar drop (vertical): 18cm
- Extension width (c-c): 7.5cm
- Arm pad width (c-c): 18cm
- Total bicycle weight: 17.24lb (7.82kg)
You can follow BikeRadar on Twitter at twitter.com/bikeradar and on
Facebook at facebook.com/BikeRadar.
can also improve your fitness and train with us on training.bikeradar.com.