BikeRadar’s Bike of the Year 2017 Awards
It’s happening — we're now at the point that we can reveal the winners of the 2017 BikeRadar Bike of the Year awards.
- Best road bike: how to choose the right one for you
- Best mountain bike: buyer’s guide to help you choose
This year, we’ve worked closely with our colleagues on Cycling Plus magazine, What Mountain Bike magazine and Mountain Biking UK (MBUK) magazine ensuring an absolute wealth of experience and expertise to draw on.
Together, we put a selection of the best bikes for 2017 through a comprehensive testing process to bring you the industry’s most coveted bike awards.
We started with a list of contenders which we whittled down to a shortlist of over 150 bikes spanning 12 categories. Then we packed the bikes up and took them to locations including Punta Ala in Tuscany, Italy, the mountains of Sierra de Hoyo de Manzanares in central Spain and various locations in the UK to put them through their paces.
We tested the enduro bikes with the fearless crew from MBUK, the trail bikes with What Mountain Bike’s hardy reviewers and the road bikes with the experts at Cycling Plus magazine. For the women’s categories, we also recruited five BikeRadar readers to ride the bikes and give their opinions.
A number of very enjoyable but gruelling days in the saddle were followed by some heated discussions between the judges, and the verdicts were reached. It’s been a mammoth process and now we’re almost ready to share the results.
Starting 5 April, we’re announcing the shortlists and winners for the following categories, as well as publishing full reviews of the key bikes so you can find out more about them:
- Road bike of the year - read about the winner
- Women's road bike of the year - read about the winner
- Budget road bike of the year - read about the winner
- Women's budget road bike of the year - read about the winner
- Road superbike of the year
- Trail bike of the year - read about the winner
- Women's trail bike of the year - read about the winner
- Budget trail bike of the year
- Women's budget trail bike of the year
- Enduro bike of the year - read about the winner
- Enduro superbike of the year
For additional Bike of the Year content, including more details about the testing process and lots of stunning photography, keep an eye out for Cycling Plus, MBUK and What Mountain Bike magazines. They’re available as print editions, as e-magazines for your computer and for iOS and Android.
Hit the links below to check out the coverage on BikeRadar.