Just over a year after 3T’s disc-only, 1X-only bike was launched, the forward-thinking company headed up by Cervélo founder Gerard Vroomen announced they would be producing a 2X version of the bike back in July.
UK-distributor of the brand Saddleback has one of the first full builds of the bike on display at their in-house show this week.
- 3T breaks its tradition with Strada Due
- 3T Strada first ride review
- 1x drivetrains in the pro peloton? I’m sceptical
Painted in an attractive campovolo grey, the frameset is paired with a full Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 groupset and finishing components also from 3T.
- Frame: 3T Strada Due
- Fork: 3T Fundi aero
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120, 160mm rotor
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120, 160mm rotor
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Wheelset: 3T Discus C60
- Tyres: Pirelli P-Zero Velo
- Handlebars: 3T Superergo
- Stem: 3T Apto
- Seat post: 3T Strada
- Bottle cages: 3T
The 3T Strada made headlines when launched, with critics arguing a 1X drivetrain isn’t suitable for road riding and a disc brake-only bike is limiting consumer choice. Since the launch of the bike, however, new aero bikes from Specialized, BMC and Cannondale have all been released as disc-only and with the 3T Strada Due now offering the use of a front derailleur, the bike is now not as unusual as it was on its debut.
3T say the Strada is the first wide-tyre optimised and aero-specific frameset on the market and the frameset accommodates around 28mm worth of tyre depending on rim size.
In the twelve months since the original bike’s launch, the 3T Strada has had its share of controversy. Irish-registered Pro Continental team Aqua Blue Sport openly attacked the bike at a number of races, with some of the now-folded team stating issues with the bike contributed to the lack of results and downfall of the team.
The 3T Strada Due frameset in the photographed gloss grey/black design is available five sizes from XS to XL and priced at £3,700 / €3,800 / $3,800 for the frameset.