BikeRadar‘s 2020 Bike of the Year awards
Over the past six months, our expert team of testers from BikeRadar, Cycling Plus magazine and Mountain Biking UK magazine have been putting the most innovative, exciting and popular bikes of 2020 through their paces to bring you our annual awards.
In total, 61 road, gravel and mountain bikes were tested across a range of categories – and now we're ready to reveal our winners.
Our testing took us from our local roads in the west of England to the mountain ascents of Gran Canaria, via bike park loops in Wales, off-piste singletrack in the Forest of Dean and the rocky trails of Spain's Sierra de Guadarrama mountains.
Over the coming weeks, we'll be publishing full reviews of all of our Bike of the Year contenders and announcing our sub-category winners, so make sure you bookmark this hub. Otherwise, scroll down for the winners of our top prizes, as well as the full rundown of categories and shortlisted bikes and categories.
Bike of the Year 2020 | The full list of contenders
In total, sixty-one bikes were tested for Bike of the Year 2020. We will update this page with links to reviews as they are published. Winners of each sub-category will also be announced.
Road Bike of the Year
The following bikes were shortlisted for our main Road Bike of the Year award, with a price limit of £2,500 to £4,000.
- Cannondale SuperSix EVO Carbon Disc Ultegra (Performance Bike of the Year and overall Road Bike of the Year)
- Focus Izalco Max Disc 8.8
- Specialized Tarmac Disc Comp
- Orbea Orca M25 Team-D
- Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero
- Vitus Vitesse Evo eTap AXS
£1,000 Road Bike of the Year
The following bikes were shortlisted for our £1,000 Road Bike of the Year award.
- Specialized Allez Elite (£1,000 Road Bike of the Year winner)
- Canyon Endurace AL 7.0
- Giant Contend SL 1
- Vitus Zenium Road
- Van Rysel RR 900 AF
- Boardman SLR 8.9c
- Triban RC520 Disc
- Carrera Virago
- Ribble R872 Carbon
- Cannondale CAAD Optimo 105
Superbike of the Year
The following bikes were shortlisted for our Superbike of the Year award.
- Specialized S-Works Venge (Superbike of the Year winner)
- Wilier Cento 10 NDR
- Ribble CGR SL SRAM eTap HRD
- Focus Izalco Max Disc 9.7 AXS
- Felt AR2 Advanced Ultegra Di2
- Rondo HVRT CF0
- Scott Addict RC Pro
- Cube Litening C:68X Pro
- Orbea Orca OMX M10i LTD D
- Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod Disc Dura-Ace Di2
- Pinarello F12 Dura-Ace Di2 Disc
Trail Bike of the Year contenders
The following bikes were shortlisted for our Trail Bike of the Year award, with a price limit of £3,000 to £3,500.
Enduro Bike of the Year contenders
The following bikes were shortlisted for our Enduro Bike of the Year award, with a price limit of £3,500 to £4,500.