Long-time Condor rider and former British Road Race Champion Kristian House has been testing an R&D version of Condor’s newest Leggero frameset – the Leggero SL – since August. Here’s a sneaky look at the new frame ahead of its spring launch.
Weighing in at around 800g, the new Leggero SL – Super Light – is designed for mountainous terrain and will cost £2,999 with headset, fork and seat clamp when launched later this year. This latest iteration has been in the works for a year and, like Condor’s other carbon frames, the SL uses hand-wrapped and hand-cut carbon rather than being made in a mould. The carbon itself is sourced from Japan.
House’s bike is marked as an R&D prototype
The finish of the production models is yet to be finalised. The clear lacquer seen here on Kristian’s R&D bike may be included on the final versions while Condor is also considering a team JLT Condor version complete with sponsors’ logos and colourways.
House’s model features full Campagnolo Record 11 EPS and is naturally specced with a traditional 53-39T crankset – although this one is complete with an SRM power meter, the head unit for which sits on the bars. The rear block is 11-25T. House also opts for Shimano Dura-Ace pedals.
Campagnolo’s Record 11 EPS groupset fits nicely with the Condor’s classy style
Campag also supplies the wheels, a pair of Hyperon Ultra Two hoops – worth more than £2,000 – are super light and stiff with a claimed weight of just 1,231g, helping to make short work of climbs rather than give an aero advantage. They’re shod in Continental Competition tubs.
Fizik takes care of finishing kit, with Kristian’s Leggero SL featuring Cyrano stem and bars wrapped in Superlight tape as well as an Arione R3 saddle above the Condor Supremacy Carbon seatpost. House also opts for Arundel bottle cages.
Check out the gallery above for more images.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Condor Leggero SL – custom hand made carbon
- Fork: Columbus Grammy
- Headset: Condor integrated
- Stem: Fizik Cyrano
- Handlebar: Fizik Cyrano R1
- Tape: Fizik Superlight
- Front brake: Campagnolo Record 11
- Rear brake: Campagnolo Record 11
- Brake levers: Campagnolo Record 11 EPS
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Record 11 EPS
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Record 11 EPS
- Shift levers: Campagnolo Record 11 EPS
- Cassette: Campagnolo Record 11 EPS, 11-25T
- Chain: Campagnolo Record
- Crankset: Campagnolo Record 11, 53-39T – with SRM power meter
- Bottom bracket: Campagnolo
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Wheelset: Campagnolo Hyperon Ultra Two
- Front tyre: Continental Competition tubular, Pro Edition
- Rear tyre: Continental Competition tubular, Pro Edition
- Saddle: Fizik Arione R3 customised
- Seatpost: Condor Supremacy Carbon, inline
- Bottle cages: Arundel Carbon (riders own)
Discuss this and other pro bikes in our forum right now. Head here where we’re discussing the 2015 season, new tech, and a whole lot more.