British sprint star Mark Cavendish will start the 2014 Tour de France — in England — aboard a custom-painted Specialized S-Works Venge. After previously riding a 52cm frame, Cav switched to a size 49cm frame and is now using a 140mm stem to get low and long.
Specialized partnered with McLaren for the sparkling paint job, which matches Cav’s car, team officials said. Compared to Specialized paint jobs of the past, the logos on this frame are relatively subtle.
Handlebar tape is from Supacaz, the company run by Specialized founder Mike Sinyard’s son, Anthony.
Check out the gallery above, and the video and specs below, for all the details.
Video: Mark Cavendish’s Specialized S-Works Venge
Complete bike specifications
- Frameset: Specialized S-Works Venge, 49cm
- Stem: Zipp SL Sprint, 140mm
- Handlebars: Zipp Service Course SL-70, 42cm
- Handlebar tape: SuperCaz
- Brakes: SRAM Red 22
- Shift/brake levers: SRAM Red 22
- Front derailleur: SRAM Red 22
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Red 22
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1170, 11-26T
- Chain: SRAM PC-1170
- Crankset: Specialized S-Works, 170mm
- Chainrings: SRAM
- Power meter: Quarq
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade
- Wheels: Zipp 404 tubulars
- Tyres: Specialized All Round tubulars
- Saddle: Specialized Toupe
- Seat post: Specialized Venge
- Computer: Garmin Edge 510
- Bottle cage: Tacx Tao
- Other accessories: SRAM Garmin mount
- Rider’s height: 1.75m (5ft 8in)
- Reach, saddle tip to bar: 53cm
- Drop, saddle top to handlebar top: 7cm
- Saddle height: 70cm
- Stem length: 140mm