At this year’s Tour de France, the Shark of Messina has been lurking in the deeps. Vincenzo Nibali, the 2014 Tour de France champion, has been riding in support of Astana teammate Fabio Aru on a custom Specialized S-Works Tarmac painted with an ocean motif in recognition of Nibali’s nickname.
Nibali’s top tube celebrates the Italian’s victories in the Tour de France (2014), the Vuelta a España (2010) and the Giro d’Italia (2013).
Nibali also has his own cockpit components, with this shark logo featuring on the handlebars, stem and seatpost of special editions FSA created following the 2014 Tour.
Nibali runs a full mechanical Campagnolo Super Record 11-speed groupset with an SRM power meter.
His Corima S+ tubular wheels are 47mm deep with 18-front, 20-rear spokes and feature a carbon checkerboard weave. Complete wheelset weight? A claimed 1,230g.
An unmarked Fizik Antares saddle and Look Keo Blade 2 pedals round out his gear.
Complete bike specifications
- Frameset: Specialized S-Works Tarmac (56cm)
- Stem: FSA K-Force OS-99 CSI Shark, 120mm
- Bars: FSA K-Force Compact Shark, 42mm
- Front brake: Campagnolo Super Record
- Rear brake: Campagnolo Super Record
- Levers: Campagnolo Super Record
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record
- Crankset: Campagnolo Super Recordwith SRM power meter, 172.5mm
- Bottom bracket: Ceramic Speed
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade 2
- Wheelset: Corima S+
- Tubulars: Specialized, 24mm
- Saddle: Fizik Antares
- Seatpost: FSA K-Force SB25 Shark
- Rider’s height: 1.80m (5ft 10in)
- Rider’s weight: 64 kg (141lb)
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 75.5cm
- Tip of saddle to center of bar: 60cm
- Saddle-to-bar drop: 8cm