Sylvain Chavanel (Direct Energie) is racing a record-breaking eighteenth and final Tour de France this year aboard a specially painted and new frameset from Wilier.
Surpassing Stuart O’Grady’s and Jens Voigt’s record of seventeen Tours, the former French national champion has already spent several days in the break during this year’s race riding on the new Wilier Cento10 Pro Disc in Wilier’s iconic Ramato paint design, which is available to purchase for an extra €1,500 on top of the regular frameset price.
An update to the Wilier Cento10 Air, the new frameset has a claimed stiffness improvement of 6 percent.
Like several riders during this year’s Tour de France and the majority of the Direct Energie team, Chavanel runs a Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 disc brake groupset, with CeramicSpeed providing the French Pro Continental team with their OSPW rear-derailleur upgrade system.
In conjunction with the Ramato paint design from Wilier, Chavanel’s bike has custom details including an outline of France surrounding the number 18, as a nod to the Frenchman’s eighteenth Tour de France and Sylvain Chavanel’s Twitter handle also adorning the top tube.
Matching the chrome decals and detailing on Chavanel’s frame, FFWD F4D wheels have also been given chrome decals, which complement the black-and-silver Shimano Dura-Ace disc rotors. Like several riders in the race, Chavanel chooses to run 140mm disc rotors front and rear.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Sylvain Chavanel’s Wilier Cento10 Pro.
Wilier Cento10 Pro full specification
- Frameset: Wilier Cento10 Pro Disc with Ramato paint and custom details for Sylvain Chavanel
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120, 140mm rotor
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120, 140mm rotor
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 with CeramicSpeed OSPW system
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-28
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P, 53/39
- Wheelset: FFWD F4D with custom decals for Sylvain Chavanel
- Tyres: Hutchinson Racing Lab Pro Tour tubular
- Handlebars: Wilier Barra
- Stem: Wilier Stemma
- Tape/grips: Astute
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon
- Saddle: Astute
- Seatpost: Ritchey Wilier
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva