Orbea was the original development partner for the ebikemotion ebike system and was also the first to bring a bike to market with its lightweight ‘just enough’ assistance model for e-road bikes.
Plenty of the Spanish brand’s rivals have adopted the same system to make some of the lightest e-road bikes available thanks to the combination of rear hub motor and 248W/h internal battery.
Orbea has taken the Gain back to the drawing board for a complete redesign that brings its design in-line with the latest Orca OMX and OMR machines, and is offering carbon and ‘hydro’ (hydroformed aluminium) versions.
The 10 best features of the new Orbea Gain
- Aero-optimised design of the Orca adopted
- Tyre clearance upped to 40c
- Simple yet clever hidden cable ICR stem system
- Full integration of the ebike’s wiring loom
- Integrated front and rear daytime running lights
- Digital e-system display now included
- MYO customisation on all models
- Road, flat bar or gravel build options
- Lightest model just 11.8kg (size large)
- Custom torque mapping provides more ‘bike’-like assistance