Raleigh is celebrating the 35th anniversary of its legendary Team Aero Pro Burner BMX with a limited edition remake of the bike itself.
Limited to just 350 examples worldwide, the remade Burners will retail for £500 and stay delightfully faithful to the original with a frame and fork made from Tange 4130 tubing, Skyway Tuff2 5-spoke plastic wheels and Dia-compe MX-1000 brakes. To mark the anniversary, Raleigh has also included a matching three-piece pad set which did not feature on the original bikes.
- Relive the ’90s with this Pantani-inspired Bianchi Specialissima
- Step back in time with these 5 retro bike games
Alicia Adcock, Communications Manager at Raleigh, is delighted to see the return of such a legendary bike:
“The Team Aero Pro Burner has a special place in the heart of so many BMX fans all around the world. It is one of the most iconic and successful bikes Raleigh has ever made, winning several titles throughout its original lifespan as well as the world title. We are so excited to release such an iconic piece of our history on its 35th anniversary and we don’t expect the 350 remakes to be around for long.”
Those who want a slice of this retro radness will have to register their interest via the following link before 17th July. The Burners will then be available a couple of days afterwards via a sale accessible exclusively to those who registered their interest.
Raleigh Team Aero Pro Burner BMX specifications
- Frame Size: 10″
- Frame: Tange 4130 Aero Tubing
- Headset: Steel
- Brake levers: Dia-Compe Tech 3
- Cassette: Shimano MX-30 16T
- Chain: KMC Z410
- Pedals: DX Style alloy platform
- Wheelset: Skyway Tuff2
- Tyres: Tioga Comp 3 20×1.75″, Yellow Label
- Stem: 4 Bolt Powerstem style
- Handlebars: Chrome Steel
- Grips: Raleigh Tange style
- Saddle: Kashimax Aero, with Raleigh logo
- Seatpost: Chrome 22.2x250mm
- Fork: Tange 4130 Aero Tubing
- Crankset: Chrome 175mm OPC
- Chainring: Black 44T
- Brakes: Dia-Compe MX-1000
Who wants one? Let us know in the comments below.