Mitchelton-Scott arrived at the season opener in Australia as the only WorldTour team still equipped with their 2017 bikes. However, it hasn’t stopped last year’s serial stage winner Caleb Ewan returning to a similar level of form and taking victory on a tough stage 2 into Stirling.
The Mitchelton-Scott mechanics confirmed to BikeRadar that their 2018 bikes wouldn’t be ready until the team’s opening race in Europe. Despite a new title sponsor for this season, long-term title sponsor Orica remains on the forks of the Scott Foil.
- We get a first look at Fizik's Infinito R1 Movistar Team Edition shoes
- Tour Down Under 2018 news and bike galleries
Also for 2018, the team will be switching from long-term power meter supplier SRM to a Shimano R9100-P crankset unit. Cam Meyer is the only rider on the Mitchelton-Scott Tour Down Under squad to have the new power meter paired with his bike so far.
Caleb Ewan’s Syncros RR1.0 SL handlebar/stem cockpit system receives a splash of fluoro yellow colour, and the young Australian’s name adorns the stem.
- Frame: Scott Foil RC, size XXS
- Fork: Scott Foil HMX
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-28
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 with SRM power meter, 170mm cranks, 54/36
- Wheels: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 C60
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars/stem: Syncros RR1.0 SL, 400mm width, 140mm stem
- Tape/grips: Syncros Super Lite Bar Tape
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Syncros XR1.0
- Seatpost: Syncros Foil Aero Carbon
- Bottle cages: Elite Cannibal
- Computer: SRM PC-8 (not photographed)
- Rider’s weight: 61kg
- Rider’s height: 1.65m
- Saddle height from bottom bracket (c-t): 630mm
- Seat tube length (c-t): 410mm
- Seat tube length (c-c): 400mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars (at centre): 510mm
- Head tube length: 110mm
- Top tube length: 510mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.24kg