This article first appeared on Cyclingnews.
After seven seasons with the Quick-Step Floors team, Julien Vermote switched from the Belgian squad to the South African team of Dimension Data for 2018. The Belgian made the move to have more of his own opportunities in the spring Classics and to have a chance to link up once again with Mark Cavendish as part of the Briton's sprint team.
Vermote switched from Specialized bikes to Cervélo for the first time in his career, opting for the all-round Cervélo R5 over the more aero-focused Cervélo S5 for nearly all racing and training this season. Vermote rides a 54cm Cervélo R5 frameset with a raw carbon finish and contrasting green decals in the Dimension Data team colours.
Dimension Data has long partnered with carbon components specialists ENVE, with nearly all of the finishing kit components and wheels for Vermote's Cervélo R5 coming from the American company.
Vermote's frameset is paired with ENVE 4.5 SES wheels, with custom green and white decals for Dimension Data and Chris King R45 hubs in matching Emerald Green. ENVE also provides Vermote with handlebars and a stem.
Vermote's carbon seatpost is topped with an Astute saddle, who Dimension Data partnered with for the first time at the start of the 2018 season.
Also for the 2018 season, Dimension Data has switched handlebar tape from LizardSkins to Colorado-based company Joystick.
Vermote's drivetrain uses a mix of components from Shimano, Rotor and KMC. Shifting and controls come courtesy of Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 components, while Rotor provides Vermote and Dimension Data with chainrings and power meters. KMC links the components together with an eye-catching X11SL gold chain.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Julien Vermote's Cervélo R5.
- Frame: Cervélo R5, size 54
- Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, tapered R5 fork
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 with ENVE pads
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 with ENVE pads
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-30
- Chain: KMC X11SL Gold
- Crankset: Rotor 2InPower, 53/38 chainrings, 172.5mm cranks
- Wheelset: ENVE 4.5 SES
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: ENVE Road Handlebar, 400mm
- Stem: ENVE Road Stem, 125mm
- Headset: FSA
- Tape/grips: Joystick Analog Bar Tape
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Astute Sky Carb
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race Plus
- Other accessories: ENVE out-front computer mount
- Rider height: 1.79m
- Saddle height (from bottom bracket): 730mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars (at centre): 545mm
- Top tube length: 548mm