Team Sunweb rider Mike Teunissen has already won Paris-Roubaix once — in the under-23 category in 2014. This year, the 25-year-old Dutchman is gunning for victory in the elite men's race aboard a Giant Defy Advanced SL disc bike.
- Gilbert and Stybar to race Paris-Roubaix on unreleased Specialized
- Scheldeprijs tech gallery: the narrow, the aero and the power (or Power)
- Tour of Flanders: huge tech gallery from De Ronde
Teunissen recently took second at Dwars door Vlaanderen, one of the lead-up races to the cobbled classic Monuments of the Ronde van Vlaanderen and Paris-Roubaix.
Teunissen also won the 2013 U23 cyclocross world championship, on a Giant no less, as a member of the Rabobank Development team.
For Paris-Roubaix, Teunissen and several of his Team Sunweb teammates will ride special team issue (read: shorter head-tube version) Defy Advanced SL bikes.
Just like the consumer option, the Defy bike is made with Giant's Advanced SL-grade composite, disc brakes, a D-shaped seatmast for compliance and plenty of clearance for high-volume tires.
Complete specs of Teunissen’s Defy Advanced SL for Paris-Roubaix
- Frame: Defy Advanced SL, Size M/L
- Fork: Advanced SL-grade composite with full composite OverDrive 2 steerer
- Stem: Giant Contact SL, 120mm
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SL, 42cm
- Handlebar tape: Giant Contact cork
- Front brake: Shimano BR 9170
- Rear brake: Shimano BR 9170
- Brake levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Disc 9170
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9170
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 11-28t
- Chain: Shimano CN 9011
- Crankset: Shimano FC 9100 53/42, 175mm
- Pedals: Shimano PD 9100
- Front wheel: Giant SLR 42 Disc
- Rear wheel: Giant SLR 42 Disc
- Tires: Vittoria Corsa 28mm Team
- Saddle: Giant Contact SL Forward
- Seatpost: Giant Defy Advanced SL ISP
- Bottle cages: Giant Airway Composite
- Computer: Sigma ROX 11.0