Quick-Step Floors' Colombian sprinter Fernando Gaviria took the opening stage of the Tour de France 2018, outsprinting Peter Sagan (Bora Hansgrohe) and Marcel Kittel (Katusha-Alpecin) to second and third place respectively.
Specialized have focused on three new designs that define the new model - the Specialized Venge VIAS - including lower weight, more aerodynamics and better handling, dubbed rider-first engineered.
Unlike the consumer versions of the new Venge, Quick-Step Floors' and Bora-Hansgrohe's - the two WorldTour teams sponsored by Specialized - bikes have white S-Works decals on the down tube and Specialized decals on the fork, which Specialized openly admit to giving maximum exposure during a race.
While riding for Quick-Step Floors last season, Marcel Kittel became the first rider to win a stage at a Grand Tour on disc brakes and the Belgian team's sprinter for this year has continued the trend.
In conjunction with the new frameset, Specialized also launched the new S-Works Aerofly 2 handlebars, which are designed to work in conjunction with the frame's proprietary stem.
Alongside the Specialized frameset and cockpit, Gaviria runs an S-Works Romin Evo saddle and 26mm S-Works Turbo tubular tyres. Specialized's wheel brand Roval also provide the Belgian team with carbon wheels with Gaviria's bike equipped with Roval CLX 64s.
Paired with the black and blue frameset is full Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 electronic groupset. Gaviria opts for standard gearing of 53/39 chainrings, an 11-28 cassette and uses 172.5mm cranks.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at the first stage winner's bike of the 2018 Tour de France.
- Frame: Specialized S-Works Venge FACT Carbon
- Fork: Specialized S-Works Venge FACT Carbon
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-28
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 with Specialized power meter, 53/39 chainrings, 172.5mm cranks
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed BB30
- Wheelset: Roval CLX 64 with CeramicSpeed hub bearings
- Tyres: S-Works Turbo, 26mm tubular
- Handlebars: S-Works Aerofly 2, 400mm
- Stem: S-Works Venge, 130mm
- Headset: CeramicSpeed
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: S-Works Romin Evo
- Seat post: S-Works Venge
- Bottle cages: Tacx Ciro
- Other accessories: S-Works Venge out front computer mount, K-Edge chain catcher
- Rider height: 1.80m
- Saddle height from BB (centre to top): 720mm
- Saddle nose to handlebar centre (at stem): 565mm