Tom Dumoulin arrived at the Tour de France as Team Sunweb’s general classification hopeful after finishing second at the Giro d’Italia earlier in the year. With four stages left to race, Dumoulin currently sits in second place and is a strong contender to retain a podium position by the time the race reaches Paris.
- Tour de France 2018 bikes, gear and tech
- Tour de France bikes: Nairo Quintana's Canyon Ultimate CF SLX — gallery
Opting to race aboard a Giant TCR for each stage, as opposed to the more aero-focused Giant Propel frameset, Dumoulin’s bike is made up almost exclusively with Giant or Shimano components, excluding only the computer and tyres.
The full carbon frameset is equipped with a Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 groupset, featuring the Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P power meter. Dumoulin opts for a standard gearing combination of 53/39 chainrings and an 11-28 cassette, with the 1.85-metre-tall Dutchman unsurprisingly running 175mm cranks.
Giant provides Team Sunweb with its SLR 0 wheels and, like Movistar’s Nairo Quintana, Dumoulin appears to be running a deeper rear wheel and shallower front wheel with 55mm and 42mm carbon rims, respectively. The front wheel’s Giant decals have also been replaced with Team Sunweb’s hashtag #Overachieve.
Dumoulin also runs a Giant OverDrive 2 integrated carbon cockpit and appears to be using a Giant Contact SLR saddle, however, with no branding on the saddle it is likely it is a custom or prototype version specifically designed for Dumoulin.
Team Sunweb uses Sigma Sport’s Rox 12.0 computers, while Giant also produces the handlebar tape, bottle cages and bidons.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Tom Dumoulin’s Giant TCR for the 2018 Tour de France.
- Frameset: Giant TCR
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-28
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P, 53/39 chainrings, 175mm cranks
- Rear wheel: Giant SLR 0, 55mm
- Front wheel: Giant SLR 0, 42mm with custom decals for Team Sunweb
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars/stem: Giant OverDrive 2, 420mm width at levers, 130mm stem
- Tape/grips: Giant
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Unbranded
- Seatpost: Giant TCR integrated seat mast
- Bottle cages: Giant AirWay Pro
- Computer: Sigma Sport Rox 12.0
- Rider height: 1.85m
- Seat height from bottom bracket (centre to top): 800mm
- Saddle nose to handlebars at stem: 595mm