Despite more than 100 victories for Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe), the Slovakian's time trial victories are few and far between.
The three-time road world champion's last time trial victory was back in 2015, when he won the Slovakian time trial national championships. But with an eye on a stint in the yellow jersey at this year's Tour de France, Sagan will need to put in a strong performance on the stage 3 team time trial of the race to stay in contention for the race lead during the opening stages of the race – assuming he doesn't take yellow in either of the opening two stages.
- Tour de France 2018 bikes and tech
- 3T breaks its tradition with Strada Due
- How to watch the 2018 Tour de France live
While the majority of the drivetrain and shifting comes courtesy of Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 components, Sagan's cranks are an older Dura-Ace 9000 series model, equipped with Specialized's power meter, which was released earlier this year.
Paired with the cranks are a massive duo of 58/46 professional-only-issue chainrings, which he used for the relatively flat but fast team time trial course at the Tour de Suisse, and it is likely Sagan will run a similar set-up on the Tour's team time trial on stage 3.
Sagan's Bora-Hansgrohe team uses wheels from Specialized's sister-brand Roval, opting for a CLX 64 front wheel and the new 321 Disc rear wheel.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Peter Sagan's time trial set-up.
- Frame: Specialized S-Works Shiv TT
- Fork: Specialized Shiv FACT Carbon, full monocoque
- Front brake: Specialized Shiv
- Rear brake: Specialized Shiv
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9180
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 series cranks with Specialized power meter, 58/46 chainrings
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed
- Rear wheel: Roval 321 Disc
- Front wheel: Roval CLX 64
- Tyres: Specialized S-Works Turbo
- Handlebars: Specialized carbon aero bar
- Stem: S-Works Shiv aero stem
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Saddle: Specialized TTS
- Seat post: Specialized Shiv
- Bottle cages: N/A
- Computer: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt
- Other accessories: K-Edge computer mount