Commencal's MaxMax dirt jump bike has always been a bit of a bargain, and now UK riders can snap up a limited edition Atherton Racing version.
For £399.99 you get the same 6061 T6 aluminium frame found on the Andorran brand's £999.99 Absolut AL 1, with a modular hanger/dropout system that allows use of 10mm, 12mm, 12mm Maxle and singlespeed hubs.
The parts spec includes Commencal's new, lighter rigid fork, Truvativ Ruktion cranks and Howitzer bottom bracket, Alex DM18 rims on Commencal hubs and a range of own-brand finishing kit.
Finished in a fetching blue colour with Atherton Racing graphics, the bike is available now in two sizes – short or long. UK distributors Madison describe it as "a tough, affordable and easily upgraded introduction to the world of dirt jumping". With fewer than 50 available, you'll have to be quick to snap one up.
- Frame: Commencal Absolut AL (new dropouts)
- Fork: Commencal Dirt Fork (1-1/8in)
- Headset: Tange Fatty MX2
- Stem: Commencal FR 50mm oversize
- Bars: Commencal 6061 (2in rise)
- Grips: Commencal Kraton
- Brakes: Commencal V-brakes
- Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Howitzer
- Cranks: Truvativ Ruktion
- Chain: KMC
- Rims: Alex Rims DM18 (26in)
- Hubs: Commencal six-bolt disc (eight-/nine-speed freehub, 14mm nutted)
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Seatpost: Commencal hi-ten steel (black)
- Saddle: C Trail by Velo
- Sizes: Short or long
- Colour: Atherton Blue
- Price: £399.99