The Spark is Scott’s full-suspension cross-country race rig, with the limited-edition frame sporting a red and white paint scheme with maple leaf decals as a nod to the host of this year’s World Championships.
- How to watch the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2019 | full schedule for live TV and streaming
- Nino Schurter has a limited edition Scott Spark RC for this weekend’s World Cup
This Spark RC 900 WC N1NO LTD frame kit is part of Scott’s 2020 collection, so you can also get that pro look. Lars Forster and Andri Frischknecht, who ride for the Scott-SRAM team, will also be riding the custom machine in Canada.
Schurter will be bidding to win his eighth individual cross-country world title, having previously claimed gold in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012 and 2009, while Courtney will be attempting to win her second world title (she rode a Specialized to victory last year before switching to Scott).
Scott-SRAM riders use XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain components, although some of the photos supplied by Scott ahead of the worlds feature a direct-mount chainring with a raw finish that’s new to us.
A RockShox SID Ultimate fork and RockShox Nude rear shock take care of suspension duties, while the integrated cockpit comes from Scott’s in-house component brand, Syncros. DT Swiss supplies the wheels, wrapped in Maxxis tyres.
Scott Spark RC 900 WC N1NO Ltd spec
- Frame: Scott Spark RC 900 Carbon HMX SL Custom
- Fork: RockShox SID Ultimate Carbon RLC 3 110mm
- Rear shock: RockShox Nude RLC 3 120mm
- Remote: Scott TwinLoc Suspension System
- Cockpit: Syncros Fraser IC SL Nino Special Edition 90mm /-25°/ 680mm
- Seatpost: Syncros Duncan 1.0 Carbon SL
- Saddle: Syncros Tofino 1.0 Regular
- Grips: Syncros Silicon
- Pedals: Ritchey WCS V6
- Rear derailleur: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS
- Shifters: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS
- Crankset: SRAM XX1 Eagle Dub SL, 175mm/36-tooth chainring
- Chain: SRAM XX1 Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1299 Eagle, 10-50t
- Brakes: SRAM Level Ultimate Blackbox
- Wheels: DT Swiss XRC 1200 Spline Carbon 30mm, 29in
- Tyres: Maxxis Aspen or Rekon Race 29 x 2.40
- Bottle cage: Topeak Shuttle Cage Carbon
- Computer: Garmin Edge 130