The 2016 Olympic gold medallist and seven-time men’s world champion currently lies second in this year’s UCI rankings behind Italian rider Gerhard Kerschbaumer.
Cross-country racers craving the factory look will be delighted to learn that limited edition bikes almost identical to those raced by Schurter will soon be available to purchase, with Kate Courtney, the current women’s world champion, also riding the new frame in Andorra. The 23-year-old leads the women’s elite rankings.
- The most interesting bikes from the 2020 Scott mountain bike range
- Nino Schurter’s droolworthy Scott Spark RC 900 Gold Edition from 2017
- The best cross country mountain bikes of 2019
Easily identified by its bright finish and factory sponsors at the swingarm, the Spark RC 900 WC N1NO HMX available to the public will be bundled with top spec components from RockShox, SRAM and Scott’s own component brand Syncros.
The 2020 model year limited-edition frame kits are set to be available at Scott dealerships from the end of July with pricing still TBC.
Scott Spark RC 900 WC N1NO HMX limited edition frameset
- Frame: HMX Carbon Frame, 1x only
- Fork: RockShox SID Ultimate RLC3 Air – Custom Charger 3-Modes Damper with low speed adj. lockout, 70 and 100mm travel modes
- Rear shock: RockShox NUDE RLC3 Trunnion, 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend
- Drivetrain: SRAM’s XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain
- Crankset: SRAM XX1 Custom
- Brakes: SRAM Level Ultimate Custom Brakes
- Headset: Pro Drop in Headset
- Handlebar: Syncros Fraser iC
- Shifter: TwinLoc Remote Control Shifter Kit, Syncros
- Frame weight, including shock (claimed, size medium): 1,849 g / 4.08 lbs
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL