To celebrate his victory, Bora–Hansgrohe’s bike sponsor Specialized issued the Slovak rider with a stunning custom-painted S-Works Venge, which he rode on stage 21 of the Tour into Paris.
- The Tour tech of tomorrow | 3 predictions for the road bikes of the future
- Oliver Naesen rides final stage of Tour de France on steel Eddy Merckx bike
Peter Sagan’s 2019 Tour de France Specialized S-Works Venge specs
- Frameset: Specialized S-Works Venge Disc Sagan 7x Limited Edition
- Groupset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 Di2/Disc
- Wheels: Roval CLX64 Disc
- Tyres: S-Works tubular
- Finishing kit: Specialized Aerofly 2 cockpit, Venge seatpost, S-Works Romin saddle, Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 pedals, Tacx Ciro bottle cages, Wahoo Elemnt Bolt computer
Specialized actually offered 100 of the Sagan 7x framesets for sale, with a price tag of $7,000 (a $1,500 premium over the standard S-Work Venge). We’re afraid you’re too late to nab one, though. According to the brand, every single one sold out within 30 minutes of them being offered for sale.
Still, that won’t stop us ogling Sagan’s bike in the gallery above.