Black Friday 2021 is here! This is your chance to save on a wide range of cycling products, from clothing to smart trainers, Garmin computers to tyres. Here is BikeRadar’s selection of the best Black Friday cycling deals we’ve found.
GoPros, helmets, GPS computers and more are all here. You might be looking for cycling gifts in the run-up to Christmas, or perhaps you just want to treat yourself (you deserve it after all) – either way, Black Friday’s the time to nab a bargain.
In this article, we’ve picked out the best cycling deals available for Black Friday 2021. We’ll keep this page up-to-date with the best offers throughout the day.
Where to find the best Black Friday cycling deals
Black Friday is here! Take a look below for a run-down of which retailers and brands have launched the best Black Friday sales.
Black Friday cycling deals: quick links
- Amazon – The retail giant’s ‘Black Friday Week’ sale runs until 26 November
- Wiggle – The Wiggle ‘Brighter Black Friday’ includes up to 50% off cycling shoes, wheels and tyres, and cycling clothing
- ProBikeKit – Big Black Friday savings in the UK and US
- Halfords – A wide range of Black Friday deals online, including discounts on nearly 100 cycling products
- Tredz – ‘Black Ticket’ event with significant discounts on ‘nearly new’ ex-demo and ex-display bikes. Spend and save up to £300
- Sigma Sports – Save up to 40% on a wide range of products, including clothing, helmets, smart trainers and cycling shoes
- Competitive Cyclist – Save big over ‘Black Weekend’ if you’re in the US
- Chain Reaction Cycles – New Black Friday deals released
- Currys – The store’s Black Friday sale is underway
- eBay – Reductions galore in the auction site’s Black Friday sale
Scroll further down and you’ll see we’ve also answered a few key questions about Black Friday.
To make it easier to navigate, we’ve split this list into the following categories and you can jump to them by clicking the links below:
- Best Black Friday 2021 cycle clothing, helmet and shoe deals
- Best Black Friday 2021 bike accessory, training and gadget deals
- Best Black Friday 2021 bike components and maintenance deals
Best Black Friday 2021 cycle clothing, helmet and shoe deals
- Castelli Prologo Jacket – £195 £99 (save up to 49%)
- dhb Extreme Weather overshoes – £35 £20 (save 43%)
- dhb women’s Merino baselayer – £45 £30 (save 33%)
- Giro Empire Road Shoes – £274.99 £137.50 (save 50%)
- Giro Foray road helmet – £79.99 £54.99 (save 31%)
- Go Outdoors 10% saving discount code on thousands of lines
- Gore Wear Men’s C5 Optiline Jersey – £89.99 £39.46 (save 56%)
- Kask Rapido Helmet – £69 £45.99 (save 33%)
- Shimano GR9 MTB Shoes – £139 £80 (save 42%)
- Specialized S-Works EXOS shoes – £450 £241 (save 46%)
- Sportful Escape Supergiara women’s short sleeve jersey – £110 £39 (save 65%)
Castelli Prologo jacket –
£195 £99 (save 49%)
This classic-looking jacket from Castelli should be perfect for looking cool while staying warm and dry on winter rides.
With almost 50 per cent off the price, this deal from Tredz looks fantastic value.
dhb Extreme Weather overshoes –
£35 £20 (save 43%)
When the temperature drops and the rain begins to fall, a good set of overshoes can be the difference between enjoying the final part of your ride and wishing you were already home. They don’t have to cost the earth either, as these dhb Extreme Weather overshoes prove.
dhb women’s Merino baselayer —
£45 £30 (save 33%)
Wiggle’s in-house brand specialises in hardy winter gear. This Merino baselayer is just the ticket for riding outside through the cooler months into spring.
The top is even better value at a third off, and is available in light and dark shades from Wiggle.
Giro Empire Road Shoes –
£274.99 £137.50 (save 50%)
If you’re after a classic look, you can’t go too far wrong with the lace-up Giro Empire Road Shoes.
The shoes have a breathable upper, carbon fibre sole and claimed weight of 225g per shoe.
Giro Foray road helmet –
£79.99 £54.99 (save 31%)
The Giro Foray MIPS is a classically styled helmet that our testers found to be very comfortable. The added protection afforded by the helmet’s MIPS liner is also very welcome on a helmet at this price.
Go Outdoors 10% discount code on thousands of lines
This isn’t strictly a cycling deal, but it seems too good to miss.
Go Outdoors has loads of discounted lines and savings of up to 60% on certain products. You can get bargain deals from the likes of Berghaus, Regatta, The North Face, Rab and Mountain Equipment.
It doesn’t stop there, though. You can get an extra 10% off using the discount code EXTRA10 at the checkout.
The code will be applicable until Monday 29 November.
Gore Wear Men’s Gore C5 Optiline Jersey –
£89.99 £39.46 (save 56%)
Riding in a short-sleeve jersey might seem a distant memory at this time of year, but this Gore jersey has 56% per cent off on the brand’s Amazon store, so it might be worth the investment for sunnier days.
Kask Rapido Helmet —
£69 £45.99 (save 33%)
The lightweight Rapido helmet has the distinctive sleek Kask looks made famous by Team Sky using its top-end lids.
This helmet will work for a wide range of head sizes and shapes. A solid performer without the lofty price tag to match, the Rapido is an absolute bargain on offer from Wiggle.
Shimano GR9 MTB shoes –
£139 £80 (save 42%)
The Shimano GR9 MTB shoes have a great fit and are equally comfy on and off the bike. They are stiff enough for long rides and the Michelin sole provides plenty of grip on the pedals, even when riding over rough terrain.
While vents mean they’re not watertight, we found the shoes don’t get heavily waterlogged and dry pretty quickly too.
Specialized S-Works EXOS shoes —
£450 £241 (save 46%)
The Specialized S-Works EXOS is a stylish, featherweight race shoe (the pair tip the scales at 347g) ideal for hot, summer rides, especially when climbing on the continent.
Our tester liked the fit, comfort (despite their stiffness) and performance, only finding fault with the price. But now they are available from Sigma Sports in a handful of sizes at nearly 50 per cent off.
Sportful Escape Supergiara women’s short sleeve jersey —
£110 £39 (save 65%)
Sportful says this lightweight is designed with warm, long rides in mind. Six back pockets will allow you to carry lots of spares and snacks.
The jersey’s almost two thirds off at Merlin Cycles and there are five colours of this hazy pattern in stock.
Best Black Friday 2021 bike accessory, training and gadget deals
- Castelli Under Saddle Bag – £30 £24 (save 30%)
- Cycling Plus 13 issue subscription – £37.99 (save 51%)
- Elite Direto smart trainer – £769.99 £499.99 (save 35%)
- Garmin Edge 530 – £259.99 £199.99 (save 23%)
- Garmin Fenix 5 Plus GPS Watch – $818.99 $478.49 / £599 /£399 (save 45%)
- GoPro Hero 9 – £429.99 £329.98 (save 26%)
- Kryptonite standard U-lock and Kryptoflex cable – £54.99 £37.99 (save 30%)
- Lizard Skins DPS V2 bar tape – £34 £20 (save 41%)
- Oakley Radar EV Path PRIZM – £215 £129.99 (save 40%)
- Silca Mattone seat pack – £48 £36 (save 25%)
Castelli Under Saddle Bag —
£30 £24 (save 25%)
This stylish bag from Castelli discretely slots under your saddle and won’t look out of place on the most aero race bike. Most don’t have a storage box.
Castelli says the fabric repels water and you can squeeze in an inner tube, two tyre levers, a small multitool and a gas canister.
This deal from Sigma Sports has a decent discount. We haven’t seen it cheaper elsewhere today.
Cycling Plus 13 issue subscription – £37.99 (save 51%)
BikeRadar is supported by Cycling Plus, and you can now get a year-long subscription to our sister publication for £37.99, which is a 51% discount.
You can also get a two-year, 26-issue subscription for £62, which is a whopping 60% discount.
Elite Direto smart trainer –
£769.99 £499.99 (save 35%)
But, having scored 4.5 stars in our original review, we reckon this model of the Elite Direto is still worth a look because it offers a smooth riding experience, accurate power measurements and is Zwift-compatible.
Getting a smart trainer for under £500, and with this much of a discount, is also not something to be shrugged at in these times.
Garmin Edge 530 –
£259.99 £199.99 (save 23%)
There are a few deals floating about on this computer, but Wiggle currently has the best price at £199.99.
Garmin Fenix 5 Plus GPS Watch —
$818.99 $478.49 / £599 £399 (save 45%)
A stylish, functional and durable smartwatch, the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus GPS impressed our tester, but it was eye-wateringly expensive.
This deal from ProBikeKit means the Fenix no longer costs an arm and a leg.
Claimed battery life is 24 hours in GPS/HR mode. The Fenix 5 Plus has stacks of data and three cycling modes. Connection to the usual apps and devices is via ANT+ and Bluetooth.
GoPro Hero 9 –
£429.98 £329.98 (save 26%)
If you love sharing your shreddy adventures, you’ll love the GoPro Hero 9. Though it has been superseded by the Hero 10, it’s still a seriously capable bit of kit for any budding YouTube superstar.
GoPro itself seems to have the best price online currently, with its £329.98 bundle shipping with a memory card, handle, spare battery and clip.
Kryptonite standard U-lock and Kryptoflex cable —
£54.99 £37.99 (save 30%)
Keep your hardy commuter safe at the station or secure your pride and joy after club rides with this gold-standard U-lock.
Kryptonite says the hardened deadbolt should resist cutting attacks. The cable can loop through wheels for added protection. The FlexFrame U-bracket allows you to carry the 1.3kg lock on your bike.
Lizard Skins DSP V2 bar tape –
£34 £20 (save 41%)
We consider Lizard Skins’ DSP V2 to be among the best bar tape, so this deal at Sigma Sports caught our eye.
The tape is grippy with gloves and positively sticky without, so your hands won’t be going anywhere.
Oakley Radar EV Path PRIZM –
£215 £129.99 (save 40%)
The Oakley Radar EV Path PRIZMs are a popular set of cycling glasses.
One of the best features of these glasses is the PRIZM lens, which is said to boost colour, contrast and clarity.
This version of the glasses from Chain Reaction Cycles comes with two lenses, increasing the versatility of the glasses. One lens is for normal light conditions and the other is for low light, which is perfect for this time of year.
Silca Mattone seat pack –
£48 £36 (save 25%)
Silca makes some of the nicest tools and accessories in the cycling industry and the Silca Mattone seat pack is no exception.
The seat pack attaches to the underside of your saddle with a Boa dial and strap, and inside there are two separate compartments to keep sharp objects away from your spare inner tube.
Best Black Friday 2021 bicycle component and maintenance deals
- Continental GP5000 clincher twin pack –
£119.98£68.99 (save 42.5%)
- Fulcrum Racing 900 Disc Brake Wheelset & Tyre Tube Bundle – $519.49 / $259.99 / £390.17 £195.27 (save 55%)
- Mountain Biking UK 13-issue subscription – £37.99 (save 51%)
- Save up to 55% on Muc-Off products at Amazon
- Muc-Off C3 Ceramic wet chain lube – £17 £5 (save 71%)
- Muc-Off Premium Brush Kit – £30 £15 (save 50%)
- Park Tool Cyclone Chain Scrubber – £34.99 £24 (save 31%)
- Shimano 105 R7000 pedals – £124.99 £74.99 (save 40%)
- SKS Raceblade Long 2 Mudguard set – £56 £41(save 27%)
- WTB Byway TCS fast gravel tyre – £54.99 £24.99
Continental Grand Prix 5000 clincher twin pack —
£119.98 £68.99 (save 42.5%)
The successor to the GP4000 is a superb-riding tyre with a fast feel, ample grip for predictability in all situations, and good wear rate and puncture protection.
The GP5000 scored 4.5. stars in a recent review. Our tester’s only gripe was the tyres’ cost, but that’s less of an issue with this bargain from ProBikeKit.
Fulcrum Racing 900 Disc Brake Wheelset Tyre & Tube Bundle —
$519.49 $259.99 / £390.17 £195.27 (save 55%)
These aluminium Fulcrum hoops would be suitable for road and gravel riding. Clincher and tubeless-ready, they fit 23mm to 40mm tyres and weigh 1,950g in total, according to Fulcrum.
The bundle from ProBikeKit includes a pair of 28mm Continental Grand Sport Clincher tyres and two inner tubes. This is the best price we’ve found.
Mountain Biking UK 13-issue subscription –£37.99 (save 51%)
MBUK, one of BikeRadar’s sister publications, is currently offering a year-long subscription with a 51% discount, costing you only £37.99.
That’s a whole year’s worth of the best mountain bike tech news, reviews and features for less than you’d probably spend on a tyre.
Save up to 55% on Muc-Off products at Amazon
Muc-Off C3 Ceramic wet chain lube 120ml –
£17 £5 (save 71%)
The Muc-Off C3 Ceramic Lube is a great choice for wet rides, and this Black Friday deal from Sigma Sports makes this expensive lube much more affordable.
Muc-Off Premium Brush Kit Set of 5 –
£30 £15 (save 50%)
Get this Muc-Off cleaning brush set from Sigma Sports for 50% off to keep your bike spick and span.
Park Tool Cyclone Chain Scrubber –
£34.99 £24 (save 31%)
Get this chain cleaner from Park Tools with a 31% discount from Chain Reaction Cycles. After all, a clean chain leads to a nicer riding experience and will prolong the lifetime of your bike’s drivetrain.
Shimano 105 R7000 pedals –
£124.99 £74.99 (save 40%)
We gave the Shimano 105 R7000 pedals a full five stars when we reviewed them earlier this year, praising their top performance and adjustability. This earned them a place in our best road bike pedals list.
The pedals have tech that has trickled down from Shimano’s top-of-the-line Ultegra and Dura-Ace pedals. They are perfect if you’re looking to knock a few grams off your bike build while ensuring value for money.
SKS Raceblade Long 2 Mudguard set —
£56 £41 (save 27%)
As the name suggests, the Raceblade Longs offer comprehensive protection from muck and water if your bike doesn’t have rear mounts. They fit tyres from 18mm to 25mm and 700c wheels.
Other benefits of the Longs include being able to whip them on and off, for example for dry days, bike cleaning or turbo trainer workouts.
‘Tis the season for mudguards, so this deal from Sigma Sports is brilliant value.
WTB Byway TCS fast gravel tyres –
£54.99 £24.99 (save 55%)
If you’re looking for a go-fast gravel tyre, you could do worse than the WTB Byway. Though they’re definitely not the best option for wet or muddy conditions, for well-surfaced gravel roads, our testers found them to be a hard-wearing and fast-rolling option.
Better still, there are both 650b and 700c options available with a chunky 55 per cent discount at Chain Reaction Cycles.
What is Black Friday?
Traditionally taking place the day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday has been going on for decades in the US. It’s become more popular lately in the UK, getting bigger and lasting longer each year
Further down this page, we’ll also delve into Cyber Monday and how it’s different from Black Friday.
When is Black Friday 2021?
Black Friday 2021 takes place on 26 November, but it no longer lasts for a single day. Rather, the discounting continues for at least a fortnight. In recent years, some retailers even unveiled early-bird ‘pre-Black Friday’ sales in mid-November.
As many studies have now shown, Black Friday Deals aren’t always as spectacular as they might appear to be. Historic price comparison tools such as CamelCamelCamel are well worth using to ensure you aren’t getting caught up in the hype.
That said, there are usually a few gems tucked away in the dusty corners of each retailer’s site, and you can rely on BikeRadar to do the digging and find these for you.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday 2021
- A little research goes a long way. Read a few online reviews before you commit to buy. There may be a reason for that 40 per cent discount
- Have you actually thought about what you want to buy? We recommend you put together a wishlist in advance so you don’t come to regret a rash decision
- Take price drops with a pinch of salt: they can often be hugely exaggerated, since they’re listed against an RRP that might be years old. Luckily, we track deal prices and do our best to let you know about a product’s price history so you know you’re definitely getting the best deal
- Don’t let the stress get to you! If you see a deal that’s marked as ‘nearly out of stock’, add it to your shopping basket straight away. Then take a look at the prices that other retailers are advertising. You normally get at least a couple of minutes before the item leaves your basket.
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
What used to be the online-exclusive sequel to Black Friday, Cyber Monday is becoming obsolete. We make an ever greater proportion of purchases on the web than in brick-and-mortar shops. Retailers now seldom offer deals either just in-store or online.
However, the absence of Covid restrictions in the UK this year will inevitably lead to more shop tills ringing than in last winter’s lockdown. Perhaps physical stores will keep back some deals for Cyber Monday.
What does this mean for you? Expect a hectic four-day period of sales from 26 to 29 November and, if you see a barnstorming bargain on Black Friday, we don’t advise hanging on for the price to drop on Cyber Monday.