Romain Bardet has the line ‘take the risk or lose the chance’ emblazoned on the top tube of his custom painted Factor O2. This statement runs true with the Frenchman’s distinctive style of racing, attacking on stage 19 of the 2016 edition Tour de France and moving from 5th to 2nd on the general classification in the process.
- Top 5 custom bikes at the Tour de France
- Tour de France shoes gallery
- Tour de France bikes, gear and tech
In this year’s race, Bardet attacked in the final few hundred metres of the brutal Peyragudes climb and took his first stage victory of the 2017 Tour de France.
British brand Factor joined forces with AG2R La Mondiale late last year following a previous partnership with the British domestic team ONE Pro Cycling. Should Bardet go one better than last year and win the Tour de France, the result would be a major coup for the relatively small brand, which is part owned by former professional Baden Cooke and developed closely with David Millar.
Bardet’s Factor O2 has been given a distinctive white paint job that has been finished with the AG2R La Mondiale traditional blue, as well as black decals.
The bike is equipped with a Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 groupset, with the crankset provided by SRM.
The SRM Origin crankset runs Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 series chainrings and borrows cranks from German brand THM. The crankset weighs in at 599 grams and Bardet opts for traditional chainrings of 53/39t.
CeramicSpeed provides the French outfit with headsets and bottom brackets, as well as the jockey wheels on the Dura-Ace rear derailleur for as many marginal gains as possible.
During the flatter stages of the race, Bardet ran Mavic’s Comete Pro Carbon SL wheelset, but during the stage 12 victory in the Pyrenees opted for the lighter weight Cosmic Pro Carbon SL.
Black Inc. supplies the stem, handlebars and seatpost for the team and Bardet opts for a Fizik Arione 00 all-black saddle.
- Frame: Factor O2, custom painted for Romain Bardet
- Fork: Factor RGi Carbon, Svelte
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 with CeramicSpeed jockey wheels
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28t
- Crankset: SRM Origin, 172.5mm, 53/39t chainrings
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed PF30
- Wheels: Mavic Comete Pro Carbon SL
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: Black Inc.
- Stem: Black Inc., 130mm
- Headset: CeramicSpeed
- Tape/grips: Fizik Superlight Soft Touch
- Pedals: Look Keo Carbon Blade
- Saddle: Fizik Arione 00
- Seatpost: Black Inc.
- Bottle cages: Elite Vico Carbon
- Computer: SRM PC-8, customised for Romain Bardet
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a detailed look at the Frenchman’s bike, and be sure to keep up with all the action from the Tour de France at Cyclingnews.com