Swiss electric bike company Stromer's new ST1 X is an urban e-bike with a touchscreen, fully integrated design and digital connectivity through Stromer's cloud-based platform called Omni.
Two versions are available dependent on local speed laws. The European-spec ST1 X can deliver either 25kmh with a 250-watt motor or 45kmh with a 500-watt motor. The US version tops out at 28mph (45kph) with the 500-watt motor.
- E-bike power: throttle vs. pedal assist
- The real reason e-bikes should die
- Five unique e-bikes for 2017
Stromer ST1 X specs
- Stromer ST1 X aluminum fork
- Supported speed up to 25kph or 45kph (Euro) or 28mph (US)
- Up to 150km / 70-mile range
- Cyro Drive motor: 250 or 500 watt
- 5-hour full recharge from empty
- Drivetrain: Shimano SLX 11 speed
- Brakes: Tektro Dorado discs
- Front light: Roxim X4 EP
- Rear light: B+M Toplight mini
- Tires: Schwalbe BigBen Puncture Guard | 26x2.15
- 17-, 20- and 22-inch frame sizes available, 17-inch low top tube size available
Stromer ST1 X integration
Unlike some e-bikes, Stromer blends integration with its ST1 X. The battery resides in the down tube, all cables run internally, and the rear hub motor camouflages well within the rear wheel. The button-free info control panel is unobtrusive, sitting flush with the top tube. Fenders and a rear rack are included as well.
Stromer ST1 X connectivity
Omni is Stromer's cloud-based platform. An onboard SIM card allows the bike to talk to your smartphone. The data it can relay includes maintenance records, firmware updates, bike system status and location of the bike. It can also immobilize the motor (if bike is stolen), lock/unlock the bike and do performance tuning.
The touchscreen on the top tube shows current speed, battery percentage, and selected pedal-assist mode.
Stromer ST1 X pricing and availability
The ST1 X is available now for $4,999 / £4,990. Stromer bikes are not sold in Australia.