Think of Abus and locks probably come to mind, but the German company also makes a line of helmets focused more towards the commuting side of cycling. It’s just brought the Hyban and Urban-I v.2 helmets commuter helmets to the US market, having debuted them in Europe earlier this year.
Since 1993 Abus has designed its helmet line with safety and comfort features like integrated LED lights, abundant reflectors, soft-touch straps and magnetic chin closures, plus an assortment of optional winter and rain accessories.
Ready for the daily rigors of commuting, the Hyban retails for £49 / $69 (Australian pricing TBD).
Urban styling meets safety with Abus’s Hyban helmet Abus
- Precision Zoom Evo micro adjustable fit system
- 18 air vents
- Multiple reflectors and a rear LED light
- Removable visor
- Five colors
- Medium and Large sizes, Black also offered in X-Large
- 380 grams
The Urban-I v.2 is also built for commuting, with Abus stating its appeal for general city riding and touring as well. It retails for £69 / $99 (Australian pricing TBC).
The Urban-I v.2 helmet is at home in the city Abus
- In-Mold design for durable fusion of the outer shell and shock absorbing helmet material
- Magnetic lock system on the chin strap
- Integrated LED rear light and large reflectors
- 12 air inlets and 5 outlets
- Removable interior padding and adjustable soft-touch strap
- Visor snaps on and off
- Fits with optional ABUS Toplight Rain Cap and Winter Kit
- 250 grams