If you’re looking for a GoPro camera deal, now is a perfect time – Black Friday is here.
We’ve been impressed by this year’s GoPro deals, with savings on the flagship Max and Hero 10, as well as the more affordable previous-generation Hero 8 and Hero 9 cameras.
There’s a GoPro camera for you, whatever your budget. We’ve put together this round-up of the best GoPro deals for Black Friday 2021 and answered all the major questions about the big day.
Read on to find the best GoPro deals this Black Friday. Otherwise, check out our round-up of the best Black Friday bike deals, plus the latest offers on Garmin computers, smartwatches and bike lights.
Best Black Friday GoPro deals
These are the cheapest Black Friday deals we can find on GoPro’s action cameras. Read on for our full list of Black Friday picks
- GoPro Max 360 camera bundle:
£529.98£379.98 (save 28%)
- GoPro Hero 10:
£529.98£329.98 (save 38%)
- GoPro Hero 8:
£329.98£259.98 (save 21%)
GoPro Max 360 camera bundle –
£529.98 £379.98 (save 28%)
This GoPro bundle is £150 cheaper than the sum of its parts. A Max 360 alone usually goes for £479.99, and a one-year GoPro subscription worth £49.99 is thrown in.
The Max 360 allows you to shoot in regular HERO mode or from every angle in crystal-clear 6K.
GoPro says the MaxHyperSmooth stabilisation tool should mean your footage isn’t jerky even when riding at speed.
You can then vlog your cycling adventures with 1080p live streaming.
GoPro claims the camera’s waterproof to 16ft and compatible with more than 30 mounts and accessories.
GoPro subscribers get unlimited cloud backups and uploads, and 50% off at GoPro.com.
GoPro Hero 10 –
£529.98 £329.98 (save 38%)
GoPro says the Hero 10 is its most powerful camera yet. Backed by a GP2 processor, the Hero 10 is capable of shooting 5.3k video and 23MP photos.
HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilisation should keep frames steady. The Hero 10 is waterproof to 33ft, according to GoPro, and automatically uploads footage to the cloud.
A GoPro subscription improves this cracking deal, which is available directly from its website. We haven’t seen it cheaper anywhere else.
GoPro Hero 8 –
£329.98 £259.98 (save 21%)
Despite being a lower-spec model from GoPro, the Hero 8 still boasts 4K video resolution and shoots 12-megapixel photos.
The Hero 8 has HyperSmooth 2.0 image stabilisation, with High and Boost modes. Its in-built mounting system makes it easy to attach to modular accessories.
Again, the best price for the Hero 8 is direct from GoPro, where you can get £70 off.
Where to find the best Black Friday cycling deals
Black Friday is here! Take a look below for a run-down of which retailers and brands have launched the best Black Friday sales.
Black Friday cycling deals: quick links
- Amazon – The retail giant’s ‘Black Friday Week’ sale runs until 26 November
- Wiggle – The Wiggle ‘Brighter Black Friday’ includes up to 50% off cycling shoes, wheels and tyres, and cycling clothing
- ProBikeKit – Big Black Friday savings in the UK and US
- Halfords – A wide range of Black Friday deals online, including discounts on nearly 100 cycling products
- Tredz – ‘Black Ticket’ event with significant discounts on ‘nearly new’ ex-demo and ex-display bikes. Spend and save up to £300
- Sigma Sports – Save up to 40% on a wide range of products, including clothing, helmets, smart trainers and cycling shoes
- Competitive Cyclist – Save big over ‘Black Weekend’ if you’re in the US
- Chain Reaction Cycles – New Black Friday deals released
- Currys – the store’s Black Friday sale is underway
- eBay – Reductions galore in the auction site’s Black Friday sale
When is Black Friday 2021?
Black Friday takes place this year today, on 26 November, and Cyber Monday falls on 29 November.
While Black Friday is a longstanding tradition in the US, it only arrived on these shores a few years back. However, each year it gets bigger and bigger in the UK as retailers compete to out-do each other.
What historically was, as the name suggests, a day-long sale now runs for a couple of weeks.
What shouldn’t be ignored is the fact that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, online shopping is currently booming as shoppers avoid the high street. We can only assume that many retailers may opt to put a lot of their offers exclusively online.
Are the GoPro deals on Black Friday worth waiting for?
In 2020, we saw an excellent series of reductions across the GoPro line from a wide range of retailers, with savings of as much as £100 on Hero 8 bundles. Following the release of the Hero 9 and Hero 10, it’s fair to anticipate substantial discounts on the Hero 8 and older models.
However, as you’ll see from the offers above, you can even save big on the Hero 10 camera this year. Don’t hang around if you want one of these. There are also offers on other GoPro models, including the Hero 7.
How to get a good GoPro deal on Black Friday
Here are a few tips to help you pick out the perfect GoPro deal on Black Friday:
- Do your research. Don’t buy a product until you’ve read some online reviews.
- Make sure you know what you intend to buy by putting together a wishlist. Of course, you might find inspiration during your online browsing, but with retailers clamouring for your attention, it’s also important to focus on seeking out specific products
- Don’t take a price drop at face value. Often, retailers list hugely inflated RRPs, while in reality the products haven’t been that expensive for months or even years
- If you see a product you want, add it to your shopping basket and check the prices on other sites before you head to the checkout. Also keep in mind that major stores like John Lewis & Partners and Currys PC World guarantee to match prices with other sellers
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
Traditionally, Cyber Monday has always been an online-only sales event, which isn’t likely to change this year. But since so much more shopping is now taking place online in the wake of the pandemic, we expect the sale to play out differently this year.
We think there will be far less of a clear distinction between Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year. Put simply, don’t stop browsing during that weekend, it could well be that’s when some new details surface online.
And, if you see an awesome discount on the Friday, it’s perhaps not worth waiting until the Monday to see if the price drops again.