If you’re looking for a GoPro camera deal, now is a perfect time – Black Friday is here!
We’ve been impressed by this year’s GoPro deals, with savings on the flagship Hero 9, as well as the more affordable Hero 8 and Hero 7 cameras.
There’s a GoPro camera for you, whatever your budget. In fact, Argos’ £99.99 deal on a Hero 7 is one of the cheapest GoPro cameras we’ve ever seen.
We’ve put together this round-up of the best GoPro deals for Black Friday 2020 and answered all the major questions about the big day.
Read on to find the best GoPro deals this Black Friday. Otherwise, check out our round-up of the best Black Friday bike deals, plus the latest offers on Garmin computers, smartwatches and bike lights.
Cheapest GoPro Black Friday deals
These are the cheapest deals we can find on leading GoPro camera this Black Friday. Read on for more on our top picks.
- GoPro Hero 9 Black bundle – save £200 (UK) / save $200 (USA)
- GoPro Hero 7 White – £99.99 (UK) / $179 (USA)
- GoPro Hero 7 Black – £249.99 (UK) / $249.99 (USA)
- GoPro Hero 8 – £279.98 (UK) / $299.98 (USA)
- GoPro Hero 8 Black bundle – £319.99 (UK) / $299 (USA)
Best Black Friday GoPro deals
GoPro Hero 9 Black bundle – save £200 / $200
The Hero 9 is GoPro’s latest, great camera – only launched in September – and here’s your chance to save big on the all-singing Black bundle.
This deal is direct with GoPro and will get £200 / $200 off for both UK and US shoppers.
Besides the camera itself, the bundle includes a 32GB SD card, magnetic swivel clip, floating hand grip and spare battery.
You also need to sign-up for a year’s subscription to GoPro’s cloud storage, loyalty and insurance scheme for £49.99 / $49.99 but that brings the price of this mega-bundle down to £329.98 (from £529.98) / $349.98 (£549.98).
This is a seriously good offer. The recommended retail price of the Hero 9 Black camera alone is normally £429.99 / $449.99.
GoPro Hero 7 White –
£149.99 £99.99 / $199.99 $119
The Hero 7 White is GoPro’s budget option and sacrifices some of the specs you’ll see in other GoPro cameras in favour of a reduced price.
Unlike the Black and Silver Hero 7 models, the White can’t record footage in 4K but you still get HD quality and you can take 10-megapixel photos. There’s also an intuitive touch screen, and it’s waterproof.
So, if you’re in search of a compact, lightweight means of recording your bike rides, this is still a very competitive option and we expect to see plenty of Hero 7 price drops this Black Friday.
In this deal, Argos has slashed a third off the GoPro Hero 7 White, taking the price down to £99.99. Less than £100 for a GoPro? That’s a bargain.
If you’re in the USA, you can get the Hero 7 White from Walmart for $119, down from $200. Unfortunately, Walmart has sold out, with B&H is offering the next best deal we can find at $179.
GoPro Hero 8 –
£329.99 £279.98 / $299.98
Here’s another offer direct from GoPro, this time on the second-tier Hero 8.
The Hero 8 might no longer be GoPro’s flagship camera, but it still has plenty to offer.
You can record in 4K at 60fps, and its HyperSmooth 2.0 image stabilisation is designed to take the wobble out of your footage. One development on the previous Hero 7 was the addition of little foldable legs, to make mounting the Hero 8 more straightforward.
Given it’s recently been superseded by the Hero 9, we’re not at all surprised to see the price drop on its second-best sibling.
Again, this deal requires a subscription to GoPro’s loyalty scheme but that gets you unlimited cloud storage, camera replacement insurance and up to 50 per cent off at GoPro.com.
GoPro Hero 8 Black bundle –
£379.99 £319.99 / $356.99 $299
This Black Friday bundle gives you the GoPro Hero 8 Black camera, a shorty (extension pole & tripod), head strap, spare battery and 32GB memory card.
In other words, everything you need to make seriously impressive GoPro movies.
Available through Amazon, the bundle costs £319.99 in the UK and $299 in the USA. That’s a saving of 16 per cent.
- Buy the GoPro Hero 8 Black bundle for £319.99 from Amazon (UK)
- Buy the GoPro Hero 8 Black bundle for $299 from Amazon (USA)
Which retailers and brands have launched Black Friday sales?
Black Friday has arrived! Take a look below for a run-down of which retailers and brands have launched the best Black Friday sales.
Black Friday deals: quick links
- Amazon – The retail giant’s ‘Black Friday Week’ sale runs until 30 November
- Chain Reaction Cycles – New Black Friday deals released
- Currys PC World – The store’s ‘Black Fri-Yay’ sale is underway
- eBay – Reductions galore in the auction site’s Black Friday sale
- Garmin – A number of the brand’s watches are on sale at Amazon
- Halfords – A wide range of Black Friday deals online
- Nespresso – Save up to 56 per cent on Nespresso coffee machines at Amazon right now
- Tredz – ‘Black Ticket’ event with significant discounts on ‘nearly new’ ex-demo and ex-display bikes
- Wiggle – The Wiggle ‘Brighter Black Friday’ sale features discounts on a huge range of products
GoPro Hero 9 –
Quite frankly, the Hero 9 Black bundle we’ve already featured in this round-up of GoPro Black Friday deals is the best offer we can find – it’s a steal.
GoPro’s top-of-the-range action camera comes with plenty of bells and whistles, including 5K recording quality – a GoPro first – a longer battery life and various upgrades.
It also features GoPro’s newest image-stabilisation technology, HyperSmooth Boost, which looks set to deliver ultra-sharp, ultra-smooth footage of your bike journey.
For more of the latest Black Friday deals
- Black Friday cycling deals
- Garmin Black Friday deals
- Black Friday bike light deals
- Halfords Black Friday deals
- Black Friday smartwatch deals
- GoPro Black Friday deals
- Competitive Cyclist Black Friday deals (US only)
- Backcountry Black Friday deals (US only)
- Chain Reaction Black Friday deals
When is Black Friday 2020?
Black Friday takes place this year on 27 November and Cyber Monday falls on 30 November.
While Black Friday is a longstanding tradition in the US, it only arrived on these shores a few years back. However, each year it gets bigger and bigger in the UK as retailers compete to out-do each other.
What historically was, as the name suggests, a day-long sale now runs for a couple of weeks.
What shouldn’t be ignored is the fact that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, online shopping is currently booming as shoppers avoid the high street. We can only assume that many retailers may opt to put a lot of their offers exclusively online.
Are the GoPro deals on Black Friday worth waiting for?
In 2019, we saw an excellent series of reductions across the GoPro line from a wide range of retailers, with savings as high as £100 on Hero 8 bundles. Since the flagship Hero 9 was released earlier this year, it’s fair to anticipate substantial discounts on the Hero 8 and older models.
However, as you’ll see from the offers above, you can even save big on the latest Hero 9 camera this year. Don’t hang around if you want one of these. There are also offers on other GoPro models, including the Hero 7.
How to get a good GoPro deal on Black Friday
Here are a few tips to help you pick out the perfect GoPro deal on Black Friday:
- Do your research. Don’t buy a product until you’ve read some online reviews. You can head to our GoPro hub for hands-on product reviews
- Make sure you know what you intend to buy by putting together a wishlist. Of course, you might find inspiration during your online browsing, but with retailers clamouring for your attention, it’s also important to focus on seeking out specific products
- Don’t take a price drop at face value. Often, retailers list hugely inflated RRPs, while in reality the products haven’t been that expensive for months or even years
- If you see a product you want, add it to your shopping basket and check the prices on other sites before you head to the checkout. Also keep in mind that major stores like John Lewis & Partners and Currys PC World guarantee to match prices with other sellers
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
Traditionally, Cyber Monday has always been an online-only sales event, which isn’t likely to change this year. But since so much more shopping is now taking place online in the wake of the pandemic, we expect the sale to play out differently this year.
We think there will be far less of a clear distinction between Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year. Put simply, don’t stop browsing during that weekend, it could well be that’s when some incredible new details surface online.
And, if you see an awesome discount on the Friday, it’s perhaps not worth waiting until the Monday to see if the price drops again.