Cyber Monday 2023 is here! The celebration of all things consumerist is the perfect opportunity to pick out a Garmin GPS computer, smartwatch or other Garmin tech deal.
Many retailers have launched extensive sales (see our links below), where you’ll find all sorts of Cyber Monday cycling deals – and several of them have cut the prices of a range of Garmin products.
A smartwatch, such as those made by Garmin, can prove a valuable tool for cyclists. Not only do these handy devices work as fitness trackers – storing data about your heart rate and other metrics – they also provide valuable information about your ride. The best smartwatches for cycling can even be used for navigation.
We’ve split this list into the best Garmin bike computer, smartwatch, and pedals and lights deals, which you can jump to by hitting the links below:
Where to find the best Cyber Monday Garmin deals
These retailers offer Cyber Monday discounts on the best Garmin smart devices.
Cyber Monday Garmin deals: UK quick links
- Amazon – Daily discounts on tech, accessories, and clothing
- Chain Reaction – Offering up to 60 per cent off cycling gear including bikes, clothing, shoes and more
- Wiggle – Offering up to 60 per cent off a huge range of cycle gear
- Sigma Sports – Offering up to 60 per cent off top-notch cycling kit
- Decathlon – Get up to 50 per cent off cycling gear
- Halfords – Now up to 30 per cent off tech
- Tredz – Offering up to 69 per cent off helmets and components, 65 per cent off clothing, and 46 per cent off bikes
- Currys – Up to 40% off wearable tech
Cyber Monday Garmin deals: US quick links
- Amazon – Daily discounts on tech, clothing and accessories
- Jenson USA – Save up to 65 per cent
- Tweeks Cycles – Save up to 80 per cent on cycling gear
Best Garmin Cyber Monday GPS bike computer deals
Garmin Edge 130 Plus –
£169.99 £119 (save 30%)
Amazon has the best price today, with £50.99 off the retail price.
The Edge 130 packs tons of training data into a compact head unit. It also offers synced workouts, performance insights and Garmin’s clever ClimbPro feature, to help you pace your efforts.
- Buy the Garmin Edge 130 Plus in the UK from Wiggle for £129
- Buy the Garmin Edge 130 Plus in the UK from Amazon for £119
- Buy the Garmin Edge 130 Plus in the US from Amazon for $191.11
Garmin Edge Explore 2 –
£249.99 £209.99 (save 16%)
The Garmin Edge Explore 2 has all of the functionality you’ll need unless you are fully into training with power. It provides navigation and has a large, high-resolution screen.
Full price, it’s around half the cost of Garmin’s fancier bike computers – and it’s now even cheaper.
Garmin Edge 530 –
£259.99 £228 (save 12%) / $299.99 $199 (save 33%)
The Edge 530 is a GPS bike computer that’s packed with features and marketed at serious riders who want a range of performance metrics and navigation features at their disposal, and are happy with the button-controlled interface.
In our Garmin Edge 530 review, we gave this bike computer four stars out of five, praising the breadth of features in such a compact device, including ride recording, turn-by-turn navigation and various performance stats, such as FTP tracking.
The Edge 530 has been surpassed by the Edge 540, but still offers plenty of performance-orientated features for your training.
- Buy the Garmin Edge 530 in the UK from Wiggle for £228
- Buy the Garmin Edge 530 in the US from Walmart for $199
Garmin Edge 830 –
£349.99 £249 (save 29%)
The Edge 830 is a fully featured GPS cycle computer that our tester described as “a true class-leading GPS that offers plenty of useful functions above and beyond its competition”.
Chain Reaction’s Edge 830 deal has, in fact, gone up in price for Cyber Monday, so this isn’t the storming deal it was earlier in the week.
That puts Sigma Sports ahead with the best deal today, with a 29 per cent saving on RRP.
In the US, Amazon has one of the best deals with a 33 per cent saving on RRP.
- Buy the Garmin Edge 830 from Sigma Sports for £249
- Buy the Garmin Edge 830 in the US from Amazon for $269.99
Garmin Edge 1040 –
£519.99 £398 (save 23%)
The Edge 1040 is Garmin’s flagship bike computer, designed for everything from touring to racing and featuring the largest display in the Edge family.
It comes with Worldwide Garmin Cycle Map as standard and enables you to plan routes and navigate without any connection to the internet.
The Edge 1040 comes with training programs built in, as well as smartphone connectivity.
- Buy the Garmin Edge 1040 in the UK from Wiggle for £398
- Buy the Garmin Edge 1040 in the US from Amazon for $549.99
Garmin Edge 1040 Solar –
£629.99 £586 (save 7%)
Garmin’s Edge 1040 Solar has all of the same features as the regular Edge 1040, but includes a Power Glass solar charging screen, which extends battery life to a claimed 45 hours with demanding use, or up to 100 hours in battery saver mode.
This computer is aimed toward endurance athletes who are looking to declutter a portable charger from their top tube or bar bag.
As it’s so new, it’s no surprise to see only a modest 7 per cent saving from Wiggle in the UK and Amazon in the US.
- Buy the Garmin Edge 1040 Solar in the UK from Wiggle for £586
- Buy the Garmin Edge 1040 Solar in the US from Amazon for $699.99
Garmin Edge 1030 –
$399.99 $345 (save 14%)
The Edge 1030 Plus was Garmin’s previous flagship GPS cycle computer, only recently eclipsed by the Edge 1040.
Our in-depth Garmin Edge 1030 Plus review found it combines a super-responsive and bright touchscreen with fantastic battery life, comprehensive mapping and navigation capabilities, and every cycling metric imaginable.
There’s a modest 13 per cent saving on the computer in the US on Amazon but no deals to write home about in the UK.
Best Garmin Cyber Monday smartwatch deals
Garmin Fenix 7X Solar –
£779.99 £499.99 (save 36%) / $769.99 $589.99 (save 26%)
The Garmin Fenix 7X Solar’s power glass solar charging lens helps you go longer between charges. The watch will last up to 37 days in smartwatch mode, according to Garmin.
The watch will track a wide variety of activities and provide you with plenty of insight into your health and fitness, including heart rate variability, endurance and VO2 max.
- Buy the Garmin Fenix 7X Solar in the UK from Amazon for £499.99
- Buy the Garmin Fenix 7X Solar in the US from Walmart for $589.99
Garmin Fenix 7 –
£559.99 £399 (save 40%) / $649.99 $449.99 (save 31%)
The Garmin Fenix 7 features a full-colour touchscreen sat in a 47mm fibre-reinforced case for added durability.
This model measures heart rate and blood oxygen saturation to help optimise your recovery and has a battery life that is said to last for up to 18 days in regular smartwatch mode.
In the UK, Currys is offering £110 off RRP with Amazon in the US offering a similar $200 saving.
- Buy the Garmin Fenix 7 in the UK from Currys for £399
- Buy the Garmin Fenix 7 in the US from Amazon for $449.99
Garmin Forerunner 955 –
£479.99 £359.99 (save 25%) / $499.99 $419.99 (save 16%)
The Forerunner 955 has an always-on, full-colour display and a battery life of 15 days in smartwatch mode – or 42 hours in GPS mode.
This watch can be paired with your power meter to record power data, and has a built-in heart rate monitor.
Wiggle in the UK and Amazon in the US have some of the best prices available this Cyber Monday.
- Buy the Garmin Forerunner 955 in the UK from Wiggle for £359.99
- Buy the Garmin Forerunner 955 in the US from Amazon for $419.99
Garmin Instinct 2 –
£249.99 £183 (save 27%) / $249.99 $167.99 (save 33%)
The Instinct 2 features a rugged design with scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass, and is water-rated down to 100m. The watch has a wide array of functionality, including a heart rate monitor, and has a 28-day battery life in smartwatch mode.
- Buy the Garmin Instinct 2 in the UK from Amazon for £183
- Buy the Garmin Instinct 2 in the US from Amazon for $167.99
Garmin Instinct Solar –
£399.99 £279.99 (save 30%) / $349.99 $229.99 (save 34%)
The Garmin Instinct Solar has the same rugged design and tracking capabilities as the standard Instinct smartwatch, but with a solar charging lens.
The solar charging radically extends battery life, with Garmin claiming the watch will last 54 days in smartwatch mode.
- Buy the Garmin Instinct Solar in the UK from Amazon for £279.99
- Buy the Garmin Instinct Solar in the US from Target for $229.99
Garmin Epix (Gen 2) –
£491.88 £476 (save 4%)
This Garmin Epix Gen 2 features an AMOLED display covered by a scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass lens. The watch can display mapping as well as health data, with the rear of the watch featuring a heart-rate monitor that can also measure how well your body absorbs oxygen using a Pulse Ox Sensor.
Best Garmin Cyber Monday pedals, lights and heart rate monitor deals
Garmin HRM-Pro Plus –
£119.99 £97.95 (save 18%)/ $129.99 £99.82 (save 23%)
The Garmin HRM-Pro Plus heart rate monitor is about as high-tech as they come.
The strap can record metrics such as steps, calories and intensity minutes independently of a smartwatch or bike computer.
Its battery should also last a year if used for an average of one hour a day.
- Buy the Garmin HRM-Pro Plus in the UK from Amazon for £97.95
- Buy the Garmin HRM-Pro Plus in the US from Amazon for $99.99
Garmin Rally RS200 power meter pedals –
£929.99 £749.99 (save 19%)
Garmin Rally is the brand’s latest power meter pedal system, and the RS200s are the first Shimano SPD-SL compatible pedals. This is a real advantage if you already use Shimano pedals, because you won’t have to swap to another type of cleat and setup.
In testing, we found the Garmin Rally RS200 power meter pedals offered accurate and reliable power data and were easy to use.
The pedals come at a premium cost, but the price isn’t out of line with other high-end dual-sided power meter pedals, and this discount from Wiggle helps too. There are no deals in the US worth considering, with most retailers selling at or close to RRP.
Garmin Varia UT800 Smart Headlight –
£149.99 £129 (save 13%) / $ 149.99 $99.99 (save 33%)
With an output of 800 lumens, the Varia UT800 might not be the brightest light for its price, but it makes up for that with smart features and integration with your GPS.
You can set it up to increase in brightness as you ride faster, conserving battery life when you need less light. It also uses ambient light to vary output and can be controlled via an Edge bike computer.
You get three constant and two flashing modes, run times between 1.5 and 20 hours, and the Varia UT800 can be fixed to a helmet or using a GoPro mount.
- Buy the Garmin Varia UT800 Smart Headlight in the UK from Tredz for £129
- Buy the Garmin Varia UT800 Smart Headlight in the US from Jenson for $99.99
Garmin Varia RTL515 Rearview Bike Radar and Tail Light –
£169.99 £129 (save 23%) / $199.99 $149.99 (save 25%)
The Garmin Varia RTL515 rearview radar is compatible with bike computers and smartwatches from a range of brands, not just Garmin. It alerts you via your head unit to approaching vehicles, detecting them at least 140m away.
The computer screen, or Garmin’s smartphone app, gives you a visual representation of relative position and you get an all-clear once there’s nothing else detected behind you.
- Buy the Garmin Varia RTL515t in the UK from Tredz for £129
- Buy the Garmin Varia RTL515t in the US from Amazon for $149.99
Which Garmin device should I buy?
Garmin devices fall into two broad categories: GPS computers and wearables (smartwatches).
GPS computers can be attached to the handlebars of your bike via a mount. All Garmin bike computers contain GPS chips, so at the very minimum will let you know where you’ve been, how far you’ve ridden and at what speed.
However, while lower-end models such as the Edge 130 will give you a breadcrumb-style trail, more advanced computers such as the Edge 530, Edge 830 and Edge 1040 Solar will offer extra features such as turn-by-navigation and route recalculation.
Take a look at our full Garmin Edge bike computers buyer’s guide for a more detailed lowdown on the Edge range.
Garmin’s wearables, by contrast, are more focused on fitness and health, and there are a lot out there. The brand has six ranges of smartwatch, although there’s plenty of overlap in terms of specs and features.
Basic features across nearly every model include step counting, sleep monitoring and smartphone notifications. As the models advance, they incorporate extra features such as not just tracking your heart rate but also measuring VO2 max and lactate threshold.
The good news is that as the technology in both categories advances, the basic models are capable of more and more. So our advice is to not overreach beyond your budget, and to prioritise what’s most important to you.
Are you looking to improve your ride performance by tracking your stats? Or are you looking for a wayfinder on your ride that’s more built-for-purpose than your smartphone?
For more guidance on which device will best suit your needs, check out our guide on bike computers vs smartphones vs smartwatches.
When is Black Friday 2023?
Black Friday falls on Friday the 24th of November with Cyber Monday falling on the 27th of November – that’s today!
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
Deals should never be taken at face value – they’re not necessarily the bargains they might first appear to be. As we’ve outlined above, some products have even gone up in price, so shop carefully.
Read on for a few tips in spotting genuinely good Black Friday Garmin deals:
- Conduct a spot of pre-deal research. See what the experts, who have tested a product, have to say about it before you commit to buying. Head to our Garmin reviews and news page for information about the latest products
- Put together a wishlist of items. Of course, you might get inspired while browsing and find an unexpected perfect cycling Christmas gift for someone – but remember that retailers and markets do an exceptional job of convincing you to buy something you don’t necessarily want
- As mentioned, don’t assume a deal is genuinely good just because you see a huge discount against an RRP. The product might well have not been at the RRP price for months or even years prior – the best way to get around this is to take note of product prices way ahead of Black Friday
- Shop around – if you see what looks like an amazing deal, add it to your shopping basket. But before you pay at the checkout, have a quick look at Google’s price results to check it’s not cheaper elsewhere. And don’t forget that retailers such as Currys and John Lewis promise to match prices, so hold them to it!
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday, as the name suggests, has always been something exclusively online. But as online shopping has increased, we imagine there will be less of a clear-cut divide between Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
Our advice this year is to not hang on until Cyber Monday to see if an already-discounted product drops any further in price. With so many more people shopping online, products are likely to sell out even faster.
Consider installing the CamelCamelCamel browser extension, especially for Amazon-related shopping. This tool will monitor the prices of products on Amazon and notify you if you’re truly securing the best possible deal.