Blackburn is searching for a few hardy adventure cyclists for its 2014 “Rangers” program. The company is looking to partner with four riders who plan to tackle the Pacific Coast Highway or Great Divide route this summer. Blackburn uses feedback from its Ranger program to refine products for fellow cyclists.
- Loves the idea of exploring the world by bike
- Active and knowledgeable on social media, with a good following
- Passionate about the Blackburn brand
- Someone who likes to “capture” the moments of life
- An excellent storyteller; written, verbal and/or visual
- A camper, traveler and adventurer
- Spread the word about the Blackburn brand and products
- Travel the Pacific Coast or Great Divide Cycling Route in summer of 2014
- Create and deliver ride inspired content (photos, videos, blogs)
- Actively participate in social media
- Attend Ranger Camp at the 2014 Whiskey Off-Road Event in Prescott, Arizona
- Provide product testing feedback to the Blackburn team
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- New & Prototype Blackburn Gear
- Travel to and participation in our 2014 Blackburn Ranger Camp at the Whiskey Off-Road in Prescott, Arizona
- Appearance in Blackburn videos and possible regional ad campaigns, in-store displays or other Blackburn marketing initiatives
- Small travel stipend to help you complete the route
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should write a short essay that details why you’d make a great Blackburn brand ambassador. Try to hit upon the following points: What sort of history do you have with the Blackburn brand? What kind of bike touring have you done, if any? What are your personal motivations for embarking on the Pacific Coast or Great Divide? Is there anything special you’d like to do along the way? Surf, Kayak, Climb, Skateboard, raise money for a cause, hit every historical site? Send along several photos (3 to 10) that best illustrate who you are and how you view the world.
Bonus points: upload a short video to YouTube that showcases the points listed above, #beablackburnranger and send us the YouTube URL with your completed essay.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
Applicants will receive an email confirming that their application has been received.An eight-person panel comprised of Blackburn representatives, cycling media, creative partners and a representative from the Adventure Cycling Association will review each application.
Finalists will be notified by February 22, 2014. Final selection will be determined by March 7, 2014. Notification will be posted to www.blackburndesign.com.
For more information visitwww.blackburndesign.com/outthere/beablackburnranger.