In what’s been described as “a small step for some, but a giant leap for BTR”, frame builder BTR Fabrications has produced its first demo bike for potential customers to ride.
The demo bike itself is a fully built version of the firm’s 650B Ranger hardtail, and will be the star of a forthcoming series of ride days hosted by the company. Featuring parts handpicked by BTR’s founders Burf and Tam, the size large bike looks ready to rip and, since it’ll also be lent out to the press, we’re expecting to see it sometime in the near future!
The BTR Ranger is a tough, £1,000, hardtail frame that makes use of Reynolds and Dedacciai tubing. It’s designed around a 120mm fork (or 100mm in the 29in option) and has geometry that isn’t made for hanging around. The Ranger is available in four sizes and can be built to accept 26in, 650b, or 29in wheels.
BTR Fabrications demo Ranger
- Frame: BTR Ranger 650b (large) with integrated seat clamp
- Fork: Marzocchi 350 CR fork 120mm (4.72in)
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead
- Stem: Renthal Duo 40mm stem
- Handlebar: Renthal Fatbar Lite
- Front brake: Shimano Deore (160mm rotors)
- Rear brake: Shimano Deore (160mm rotors)
- Brake levers: Shimano Deore
- Rear derailleur: SRAM GX
- Shift levers: SRAM GX
- Cassette: SRAM GX
- Chain: SRAM GX
- Crankset: SRAM GX (32t chainring)
- Pedals: Shimano Saint flat pedals, or Deore SPD pedals
- Wheelset: August Wheelworks custom wheels; Ryde Trace Enduro rims/Sapim Race spokes/August hubs
- Tyres: Maxxis High Roller II 27.5×2.3in EXO TR and Ardent 27.5×2.25in EXO TR tyres
- Saddle: Fabric Scoop Race
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb 125mm (4.92in)