DMR Bikes have issued a voluntary recall of their coloured alloy Wingbar handlebars sold since June (2009).
A serious safety issue has been identified with the latest batch of 25.4mm Wingbars, which riders should stop using immediately.
Anyone who has bought the bars is advised to remove them and return them to their supplier or to DMR directly for a free replacement.
How to tell if your bars are affected
The handlebars are finished in bright anodised colours – black, blue, grey, green, purple or red – with the DMR Bikes logo laser etched on the left-hand side and Wingbar logo laser etched on the right-hand side (when looking at the front of the bar).
The following bars are not affected:
• DMR Alloy Wingbar – 31.8mm with ‘classic graphics’
• DMR Alloy Wingbar with ‘classic graphics’
• DMR Cro-Mo Wingbar with brace
• DMR Heat-treated Cro-Mo Wingbar
• Any DMR bar fitted to a DMR complete bike
For more information, contact DMR on 01403 711 611 (9am to 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.