Black Friday is here, and there are some amazing Black Friday cycling deals out there.
As one of the biggest cycling retailers in the UK, Halfords is a great place to find some absolute bargains and, as an incentive, it’s giving you a £10 e-voucher when you spend £50 or more online.
UK brands and retailers have adopted the shopping event that started as a US tradition, and it’s now one of the best opportunities to bag a major price drop on respected cycling brands.
The flurry of flash deals can get overwhelming, plus the risk of depleting one’s wallet through spontaneous purchases is dangerously high during Black Friday, so we’ve kept an eye on the prices of products we find and will only showcase deals genuinely worth considering.
We’ll be updating this page across the whole of the Black Friday event and through to Cyber Monday, so check back here for all the best Halfords Black Friday deals for 2020.
Which retailers and brands have launched Black Friday sales?
Black Friday has arrived! Take a look below for a run-down of which retailers and brands have launched the best Black Friday sales.
Black Friday deals: quick links
- Amazon – The retail giant’s ‘Black Friday Week’ sale runs until 30 November
- Chain Reaction Cycles – New Black Friday deals released
- Currys PC World – The store’s ‘Black Fri-Yay’ sale is underway
- eBay – Reductions galore in the auction site’s Black Friday sale
- Garmin – A number of the brand’s watches are on sale at Amazon
- Halfords – A wide range of Black Friday deals online
- Nespresso – Save up to 56 per cent on Nespresso coffee machines at Amazon right now
- Tredz – ‘Black Ticket’ event with significant discounts on ‘nearly new’ ex-demo and ex-display bikes
- Wiggle – The Wiggle ‘Brighter Black Friday’ sale features discounts on a huge range of products
Halfords’ best Black Friday cycling deal: the cheapest Garmin Edge 530 –
The Garmin Edge 530 is a fully-featured GPS bike computer with full-colour mapping and every metric under the sun.
We scored it four out of five stars in our in-depth review and, at £233.99, it’s even more appealing.
This is the best price for the Edge 530 we’ve seen on Black Friday – don’t hang about.
Black Friday Halfords bike deals
Apollo Slalom Junior Mountain Bike –
With 20in wheels, the Apollo Slalom will fit kids between six and nine years old. You get an alloy frame and 6-speed Shimano shifting. Halfords says that the Slalom weighs around 11kg and there’s a lifetime warranty on frames and forks, alongside unlimited safety checks in Halfords stores.
Buzz Lightyear Balance Bike –
With solid 10in tyres and a sturdy steel frame, this little balance bike could be the perfect steed to get your child scooting.
The saddle and bar height can both be adjusted so the bike can grow with your child, and the ‘character plaque’ on the front is removable, just in case you kid decides they’re actually Team Woody.
Apollo Craze Junior Mountain Bike –
A step up to 24in wheels makes the Craze suitable for eight to 11 year olds. A suspension fork and 18 gears put a wide range of terrain within reach and cable disc brakes make for confident stopping power.
Black Friday Halfords bike accessory deals
SKS Injex Lite Zoom mini pump –
Designed for both MTB and road use, the SKS Injex Zoom pump will fit Presta and Schrader valves, and inflate up to a claimed 140psi pressure. The quick inflation is thanks to a telescopic design. At 256mm long and 175g weight, it’s not too hefty either and comes with its own bike mount.
Black Friday Halfords tools and workshop deals
Muc-Off drivetrain cleaner, 500ml –
Keep your chain running sweetly this winter with Muc-Off’s biodegradable drivetrain cleaner. It sprays on to cut through bike grease, leaving your chain and mechanicals shiny and clean. It can also be used with a chain cleaner, for quick and thorough cleaning and is safe on your bike’s parts, seals and finishes.
Halfords 3 Drawer Metal Portable Tool Chest –
Looking to organise your bike bits and tools but don’t have much space? This little tool chest could be the solution.
Measuring 513mm × 240mm × 320mm, it has three drawers and a latched top lid. It’s also portable thanks to its carry handle.
Half price Halfords Advanced Ground Anchor when you buy Halfords Advanced Cycle Lock –
Buy any Halfords Advanced Cycle Lock and you can save 50 per cent on its Advanced Ground Anchor, which usually retails for £35.
The anchor itself is Gold Sold rated and is designed to provide a safe bike storage solution at home with the use of a chain or D-lock. It’s secured to the floor using four masonry screws and metal plugs. Plus the D-ring folds down to reduce its risk as a tripping hazard.
The best bike insurance policies usually require you to have a secure object onto which you can lock your bike, so this could be a relatively low cost way of fulfilling the terms of coverage. Always check with your insurance provider.
Halfords Advanced 200-piece socket and ratchet set –
£325 £260 £225
If you’re looking to expand or start building a home bike workshop, or just need a general tool kit, you could do much, much worse than this heavily discounted ratchet and spanner set.
While much of its contents are sized for heavier-duty work (i.e. cars), there’s a good range of bits that will work with bikes, and tools like the breaker bar and larger ratchets can be married to bike-specific items such as bottom bracket tools in future.
Taken from Halfords’ Advanced lineup – which offers a lifetime guarantee on all tools – this 200-piece set has a whopping £100 saving.
For more of the latest Black Friday deals
- Black Friday cycling deals
- Garmin Black Friday deals
- Black Friday bike light deals
- Black Friday smartwatch deals
- GoPro Black Friday deals
- Competitive Cyclist Black Friday deals (US only)
- Backcountry Black Friday deals (US only)
- Chain Reaction Black Friday deals
When does the Halfords 2020 Black Friday sale start?
It already has! Halfords has launched its 2020 Black Friday sale.
Black Friday is an annual event which sees brands and retailers running offers on everything from tech and bike gadgets to complete bikes and more. This year, Black Friday falls on Friday 27 November and is directly followed by Cyber Monday on 30 November.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
- Do your research beforehand so you have a particular product in mind, or make a list of products to watch out for. This will help you stay focused and avoid too many spontaneous purchases.
- Be familiar with the RRP price of the products so you can better judge the savings available with each deal.
- Many brands use Black Friday as a way to clear space for newer stock and product models. The latest models might not automatically be on sale so you’ll likely make the best savings on older versions of products.
- Shop around. The UK’s biggest cycling retailers such as Wiggle and Amazon will all be competing for your business, so once you’ve found the item you want, do a little price comparison to avoid paying more than you need to.
- Once you’ve found the product at a price you like the look of, make your decision quickly. Stock may be limited, so you don’t want to miss your chance.
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
Where in previous years you might have waited for Cyber Monday to find the best deals online, retailers are likely to take full advantage of fewer people visiting stores and, instead, make the majority of offers live on their websites.
Our advice is to know what you’re looking for, keep an eye on the deals on Black Friday and check back here for all the latest Halfords’ Black Friday deals and news.