Bargain hunters – the time is almost nigh. German discount chain Aldi will have a bundle of cycle clothing and accessories in their UK stores as part of upcoming weekly specials, which start on Thursday 16 September.
We know from previous comments and forum threads on BikeRadar that this type of budget kit from Aldi (and Lidl) is very popular, so we expect plenty of bargain-hungry commuters or riders on a budget to be all over the upcoming sale.
Highlights in the range include a £14.99 merino wool shirt, £9.99 waterproof cycling trousers, £3.99 microfibre towel and bike shoes for £19.99.
Aldi have sent us some of the kit already, which we’ll be putting to the test and featuring over on our Bikes and Gear review section very soon.
Here’s the full list of what’s on offer:
- Merino cycling shirt – £14.99
- Cycling rain jacket – £19.99
- Cycling thermal underwear – £9.99
- Mountain bike shorts – £12.99
- Waterproof cycling trousers – £9.99
- Armoured bicycle lock – £3.99
- Bike stand – £29.99
- Cycling shoes – £19.99
- Front and rear mudguard set – £6.99
- Heart rate monitor – £9.99
- Reflective band – £3.99
- LED cycle safety set – £4.99
- Microfibre towel – £3.99
- Mini double action pump – £3.99
- Winter cycling gloves – £4.99
- Winter cycling jacket – £14.99
- Winter cycling shirt – £8.99
- Winter cycling socks – £2.99
- Winter cycling trousers – £12.99