Liv, the sister brand to Giant, has an extensive range of women’s bikes covering everything from endurance road bikes and capable trail-ready mountain bikes through to fully kitted out commuter bikes and dutch-style bicycles that are perfect for leisure riding.
- Best women’s road bikes: a guide to finding the right bike for you
- BikeRadar Women road bike of the year awards
- Best women’s bike saddles: a buyer’s guide
For 2017, Liv has made some significant updates to its women’s range and we’ll be testing key models from across the whole range soon, so keep your eyes peeled for reviews on BikeRadar Women.
Liv believes that women benefit from bikes with a specifically designed geometry, rather than taking a unisex frame and using female-specific contact points such as saddles and handlebars. This view is based on data that the brand has taken from a large global database, which includes details on body dimensions and gender differences. Based on this large data pool, Liv feels that there are significant enough physical differences between male and female riders to approach bike design in a bespoke way. Liv also develops its products using rider feedback and input from its various pro riders, coaches and ambassadors.
Here we take a look at Liv’s 2017 range of commuter bikes.
Liv women’s commuter and leisure bike range
From dutch-style bikes with step-through frames to sporty hybrids perfect for commuting on, Liv has an extensive range of commuter and leisure bikes.
An alloy-framed dutch-style urban bike with a step-through frame, the Flourish is designed for leisure and city riding. The kickstand means you can prop it up anywhere, and the integrated mudguards, basket and hub dynamo powered lights make the Flourish 2 a very practical bike indeed.
The Flourish FS adds a Suntour suspension fork to the mix, smoothing out the rough on river paths and uneven surfaces.
- Liv Flourish 1: £549 / $N/A / AU$N/A
- Liv Flourish 2: £499 / $580 / AU$749
- Liv Flourish 3: £399 / $N/A / AU$549
- Liv Flourish 4: £N/A / $310 / AU$N/A
- Liv Flourish FS: £475 / $415 / AU$649
The Liv Suede is a lifestyle cruiser: a bike that has a relaxed, upright, cruisey position and bags of style. The Suede 1 comes with an integrated basket, pannier rack and mudguards.
- Liv Suede 1: £N/A / $515 / AU$649
- Liv Suede 2: £N/A / $360 / AU$529
A fun, stylish and practical dutch-style bike with a coaster brake, the Liv Simple (loving the name) is an attractive looking option for leisure riding. The Simple Three W comes with integrated mudguards and a basket, and has 3-speed internal hub gears, while the Liv Simple Single is a singlespeed bike.
Both feature chain guards, rust-proof chains and aluminium frames.
- Liv Simple Three W: £N/A / $485 / AU$N/A
- Liv Simple Single W: £N/A / $330 / AUS$N/A
If you’ve got some serious commuting to do, or you want to ride for fitness but don’t like drop handlebars, then the Thrive is the bike in the Liv range you’re after. The Thrive has an aluminium or carbon composite frame with vibration-absorbing carbon composite forks, flat handlebars and a Shimano drivetrain.
The Thrive 1 has an aluminium frame, carbon composite handlebars, Shimano Tiagra 10-speed drivetrain and Tektro hydraulic disc brakes. The Thrive CoMax 1 and 2 upgrade the package to a carbon composite frame plus Shimano Tiagra 10-speed gearing and Tektro hydraulic disc brakes on the Thrive CoMax 2. The CoMax 1 comes with Shimano 105 11-speed gearing plus Shimano M355 hydraulic disc brakes.
- Liv Thrive 1: £N/A / $950 / AU$N/A
- Liv Thrive 2: £635 / $N/A / AU$N/A
- Liv Thrive 3: £499 / $N/A / AU$N/A
- Liv Thrive 0 Disc: £999 / $N/A / AU$1499
- Liv Thrive 1 Disc: £799 / $N/A / AU$1199
- Liv Thrive CoMax 1: £N/A / $1750 / AU$N/A
- Liv Thrive CoMax 2: £1,299 / $1,475 / AUS$1,999