Mavic has overhauled its mountain bike clothing with an understated and casual design aesthetic supported by new technologies. The company’s aim is for the new XA line is gear that can be pedaled all day and still blend in pre- and post-ride.
- Best bike clothing: all our guides in one place
- Best mountain bike shorts from new brands
- Best waterproof jackets for cyclists
The XA Pro jersey loosens up a bit for more freedom of movement, made windproof, moisture-wicking fabric. It has laser-cut holes on the back for better airflow when wearing a backpack, Mavic says. There is a chest pocket and side pocket.
For cooler temperatures, the XA Pro Long Sleeve jersey features the same fabric and pockets, plus a micro-fiber panel for cleaning your sunglasses.
The Crossride jersey and hoodie are made from quick-drying Trail Wick ST material.
Mavic’s XA Pro shorts were made to work with the XA Pro Under Bib shorts, but of course will work with any pair of bib shorts.
The XA Pro bib shorts are cut with a low bib profile.
Mavic rain jacket
The 2.5-layer Crossmax Pro H2O Jacket is a minimalist shell for wet-weather riding. It has a seam-sealed Dura Rain membrane said to provide long-lasting rain protection and breathability.
A YKK Vislon waterproof zipper and Ergo Cuffs with double inner Lycra construction should keep warmth in and moisture out.
The Crossmax Pro H2O jacket has a waterproof rating of 10000mm.
Pricing and availability
The Mavic 2017 mountain bike line is available through Mavic.com and Mavic retailers, with most products available immediately.
- XA Pro jersey: £75 / $99.95 / AU pricing TBD
- XA Pro Long-Sleeve jeresy: £80 / $109.95 / AU pricing TBD
- Crossride jersey: £45 / $49.95 / AU pricing TBD
- Crossride hoodie: £67 / $64.95 / AU pricing TBD
- XA Pro short: £80 / $109.95 / AU pricing TBD
- XA Pro Under Bib shorts: £55 / $69.95 / AU pricing TBD
- Crossmax Pro H2O jacket: £115 / $149.95 / AU pricing TBD