A new global mountain biking series has been launched, and it will make its UK debut at BikeRadar Live 2010 this summer.
The Freeride Mountain Bike World Tour brings together riders and organisers from the big mountain, slopestyle and dirt jump fraternity. The aim is to make freeride contests more professional and safer, with more consistent judging and ranking.
It includes long-established world-famous events like Whistler’s Kokanee Crankworx and the Red Bull Rampage – plus the MBUK Dirt Jump Invitational at BikeRadar Live, which takes place at Brands Hatch, Kent on 10-11 July.
Organiser Grant Norris said: “We knew from last year’s competition that we were doing something special, and we’re excited to host the UK round of such a prestigious new series at this year’s festival. To be welcoming The Freeride Mountain Bike World Tour really does put BikeRadar Live on the map as the seminal dirt jumping event in the UK.”
Professional freerider Aaron Chase said: “It’s time to bring the sport of freeride mountain biking to the next level. The FMB World Tour will help bring consistency to our sport. I’ll know that when I show up to a FMB tour stop the event will be safe, the judging will be fair and at the end of the day I’ll know where I stand among the other athletes.”
Full events list:
- Vienna Air King, Austria, 10-11 April
- Dirt Masters Mongoose Slopestyle, Winterberg, Germany, 21-24 May
- 26TRIX, Leogang, Austria, 24-26 June
- ChatelMountain Style, France, 2-4 July
- MBUK Dirt Jump Invitational at BikeRadar Live, Brands Hatch, Kent, UK, 10-11 July
- Claymore Challenge, HighlandMountainPark, USA, 15-17 July
- Big In Bavaria, Munich, Germany, 22-25 July
- Crankworx Colorado, Winter Park, USA, 29 July – 1 August
- Kokanee Crankworx, Whistler, Canada, 7-15 August
- Red Bull Rampage, Virgin, Utah, USA, 30 September – 3 October
The official FMB World tour website (under construction at time of writing) will list important information on the tour and athlete rankings.
You can book online now at www.bikeradar.com/live or call the BikeRadar Live hotline on 0871 230 1085. One-day, weekend and family tickets are available, with prices starting at £15 in advance.