Entering an already busy market is the Nilox Foolish (no, really, that’s its name) action camera. It’s pitched directly against aggressive competition from GoPro, as well as Drift, Swann and Contour and it’s being brought to the UK via wholesaler Windwave.
What might just set the Foolish apart is the amazing value it appears to offer. For the suggested retail price of £199.95, the camera will include a large range of accessories – things that are usually expensive extras.
An LCD display, two waterproof casings (with one to accommodate the LCD screen), an 8GB micro SD memory card and a variety of versatile mounting fixings and mounts are all in the box. Recording is in full HD (1080p/30fps) or 720/60fps, with the capability for 8MP stills. The Foolish also has a 4x digital zoom.
Things also look to be well thought-out from a usability point of view, with one button for filming and another to capture still shots. A laser pointer is included to ensure footage is in your desired line of sight, which should help you avoid accidentally capturing the sky or ground.
Keep your eyes peeled for a full review on BikeRadar soon. For now, watch the video below for a sample recording, and take a look at the in-depth specs below.
Riding with the nilox foolish
Foolish Full HD 1080 action camera
- Video Mode: 1080p (1920×1080), 960p (1280×960), 720p (1080×720), WGA (848×480), QVGA (320×240)
- View Angle: 175 degrees
- Photo Resolution: 8MP
- Image Sensor: CMOS
- Frame rate: 1080p/30fps, 960p/30fps, 720p/60fps, 720p/30fps, WGA/60fps, QVGA/30fps
- Waterproof standard (of case): IP68
- Waterproof depth (of case): 60m
- Laser power: In accordance with EU Standard 1MW
- Digital zoom: 4x
- Audio/ Video outputs: Support NTSC/PAL
- PC interface: USB 2.0
- Power consumption: 400mA @ 3.7V (MAX)
- Lithium battery: 1000mhA
- Run time: 2.5 hours