Swedish suspension experts Öhlins has unleashed the TTX Air shock and the RXF 36 fork, two all-new products designed specifically for trail and enduro riders.
- How to get your suspension set-up dialed
- 5 bike handling problems caused by bad suspension set-up (and how to fix them)
- 6 top suspension maintenance tips
Öhlins TTX Air Shock
The TTX Air has evolved from the TTX 22 M coil shock Öhlins produces, and, it says, provides a combination of superior damping as a result of its proprietary TTX system along with a brand new air shock design, which also allows for simplified tuning.
Öhlins has also added a wiper seal and air sleeve lubrication to reduce friction, as well as added bushing overlap to give improved side load management.
Öhlins TTX Air shock key features
- Metric shock
- Trunnion and custom Specialized versions available
- Adjustable low-speed compression
- Adjustable rebound
- High-speed compression adjuster
- Air spring volume spacers included in kit
- Metric 190/210/230/250 mm lengths
- Climb mode
Öhlins RXF 36 Trail fork
The new RXF 36 fork is based on the popular Ohlins DH Race Fork and features a version of the TTX 18 cartridge kit usually seen on downhill rigs that has been optimised for trail and enduro riding.
Ohlins says small bump sensitivity and damping has been catered to with an adjustment range specific to trail and enduro riding. Low-speed compression and rebound is adjustable with a range of 15 clicks, while high-speed compression has a 3 click range plus a climb mode setting.
The twin piston three-chamber air spring system allows “total tuning from initial movement through to the bottom out”, claims Ohlins.
Öhlins RXF 36 Trail Fork key features
- 120 – 180mm travel
- 29er and 27.5 versions
- Independent spring system
- Independent damper system
- Retuned air spring system
- 36 mm upper tube diameter
- Offset 27.5 (46 mm and 38 mm)
- Compatible maximum tire sizes 27.5 x 2.8
- Prepared for mudguard
- Race proven setting bank
- Overall improvements for reducing friction
Pricing and availability
Ohlins has confirmed the products will be available from the end of October 2018, and the products are already listed on the Öhlins website.
Prices are yet to be confirmed.