Having established a beachhead in the UK, NeilPryde is now making a push into the US market, and the company signed UnitedHealthcare to race its bikes for the 2012 season.
UnitedHealthcare team leader Rory Sutherland recently won the overall title at the SRAM Tour of the Gila, and last week finished 13th overall at the Amgen Tour of California.
Click on the gallery at right for a detailed look at his NeilPryde Diablo, dressed up in SRAM Red 2012 components, ENVE Smart System wheels and a Ritchey cockpit.
The company currently has two road bikes: the Diablo, and all-around race machine, and the Alize, an aero bike. Earlier this year the company also announced its plans for a third model, the Bura SL, the frame of which is targeted to come in under 750 grams. BikeRadar offered a first look at this bike from the Taipei Show in March.
Watch for news and a review of that bike on BikeRadar.com.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: NeilPryde Diablo
- Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-Axis, 140mm, -6°
- Handlebar: Ritchey WCS Curve, 44cm (c-c)
- Front brake: SRAM Red 2012
- Rear brake: SRAM Red 2012
- Shift/brake levers: SRAM Red 2012
- Front derailleur: SRAM Red 2012
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Red 2012
- Cassette: SRAM Red 2012, 11-26T
- Chain: SRAM Red 2012
- Crankset: SRAM Red 2012, 175mm, 53/39T
- Bottom bracket: SRAM Red 2012
- Pedals: Speedplay Zero
- Wheelset: ENVE Smart System 3.4 tubulars (clincher version pictured)
- Front tire: Vittoria tubular (Maxxis Cormet clincher pictured)
- Rear tire: Vittoria tubular (Maxxis Cormet clincher pictured)
- Saddle: Ritchey WCS
- Seatpost: Ritchey WCS Carbon
- Bottle cages: Arundel Mandible (2)
- Computer: Garmin Edge 500 (Timex Cycle Trainer 2.0 pictured)
- Rider’s height: 1.88m (6ft 2in)
- Rider’s weight: 78kg (170lb)
- Saddle height, from BB (c-t): 81.cm