Rollapaluza to return for a third year in 2012
The 2012 schedule for the UK’s Rollapaluza National Series has been announced, kicking off in Leeds on 7 February.
For those out of the loop, the series is a roller racing competition pitting two participants against each other on a pair of custom built rollers over a simulated 500m distance at frenetic speeds.
Now entering its third year, the series will visit eight UK cities for the qualifying rounds before the finale in London on Good Friday, which will coincide with the track meet earlier in the day at Herne Hill Velodrome. The final will be contested by the fastest male and female riders from each regional qualifying event.
Prizes are on offer at each round, provided by a network of bike shops in each region. Rollapaluza themselves will be offering big cash prizes at the London final. Costing just £5 (except where stated below), entry is open to anyone, whether they’re seasoned track cyclists or hardy commuters. All rounds commence at 6pm, with knock-outs and finals from 9pm.
- 7 – Leeds, The New Conservatory, Albion Place
- 8 – London, LMNH, 49 Old Street
- 15 – Bristol, Mud Dock, 40 The Grove
- 23 – Birmingham, Spotted Dog, 104 Warwick Street
- 24 – Eastbourne, Bibendum, 1 Grange Road (free to enter, £5 to race)
- 28 – Sheffield, Nonnas, 535-541 Ecclesall Road (£10, includes drink and pasta
- 29 – Manchester, Antwerp Mission, Kent Road West
- 1 – Glasgow, Dales Cycles, 150 Dobbie’s Loan (free to enter, free to race)
- 6 – London, The Half Moon, 10 Half Moon Lane