The Sea Otter Classic 2013 takes place in Monterey, California from April 18-21. It combines on and off-road racing with the largest consumer expo of bikes and gear in North America.
Since 1993 the Sea Otter Classic has served as the kickoff of the North American cycling season. Over the course of the four-day event more than 10,000 professional and amateur racers and 50,000 spectators flood the Laguna Seca Raceway, located a few miles inland from the seaside town of Monterey, California.
The road race and criterium take place on the world famous racetrack, while the cross-country, downhill and dual slalom races take place on the rolling hills overlooking the venue.
In recent years the expo portion of the event has grown in significance, as cycling companies take advantage large number of attendees to debut their latest products.
BikeRadar’s Sea Otter Classic page brings you coverage of this year’s show and serves as an archive of our Sea Otter Classic coverage from years gone by.
- Kona Carbon Operator, disc Super Jake — Sea Otter 2013
- HED’s new wide, tubeless Ardennes Plus – Sea Otter 2013
- Continental goes all in with 650b – Sea Otter 2013
- Focus 650b carbon hardtail, Ag2r team replica – Sea Otter 2013
- RockShox Full Sprint hydraulic lockout – Sea Otter 2013
- Scapin Etika RC and Ivor – Sea Otter 2013
- New Gamut chainring gear – Sea Otter 2013
- Four Marin prototypes spotted – Sea Otter 2013
- Specialized creates Enduro SX – Sea Otter 2013
- Norco Sight 650b carbon – Sea Otter 2013
- Endurance Conspiracy: shirts for cyclists – Sea Otter 2013
- Raleigh revamps cyclocross range – Sea Otter 2013
- Scott reveals Scale 700-series 650b hardtails