This article is a comprehensive guide to the price, specs and weights of Shimano’s mid-tier 105 R7000 groupset.
True to form, Shimano trickled down the technology and aesthetics of its Dura-Ace 9100 and Ultegra R8000 groupsets to the component group of the proletariat in the form of Shimano 105 R7000 in April of 2018.
We’ve been extensively testing the groupset since then and you can expect a full review soon.
- Shimano R7000/R7020 rim and disc brake groupset review
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 groupset review
- Road bike groupsets: everything you need to know
Shimano 105 R7000 price and weights
|Shimano 105 R7000||Product code||Weight||UK||US||Aus||Eur|
|Mechanical shifters||ST-R7000||238g (per shifter)||£219.99||$234.99||AU$429||€229|
|Rim brakes||BR-R7000||194g (per brake)||£37.99||$49.99||AU$79||€47.99|
|Crankset||FC-R7000||752g (175mm, 52/36t)||£134.99||$159.99||AU$259||€154.99|
Please note, we’ve quoted Shimano’s own RRPs throughout this article and some international pricing is still TBC — view these prices as a guide and refer to your preferred retailer for real-world pricing.
Likewise, we have quoted actual weights where we have the components to hand. Components marked with an * are claimed weights, but as more components trickle in, we’re hoping to update this list with actual weights for every component in the 105 R7000 groupset.
Shimano 105 R7000 groupset deals
While any decent bike shop should be able to get hold of Shimano components, and we’d always encourage you to support your LBS, there’s no denying that the the often impressive deals to be found on Shimano groupsets online are very tempting.
Shimano 105 R7000 is no exception and here we have compiled some of the best deals we’ve found on the groupset from around the web. Have we missed any particularly good bargains? Let us know in the comments!
- Buy Shimano’s 105 R7000 groupset with a 30% discount from Merlin Cycles
- Buy Shimano’s 105 R7000 groupset with a 28% discount from Wiggle
- Buy Shimano’s 105 R7000 groupset with a 25% discount from Mantel
Shimano 105 ST-R7000, ST-R7020 and ST-R7025 levers
The new groupset has three different dual-control levers available. All share the same streamlined look of the higher-end Ultegra R8000 levers with slimmed down hydraulic internals, improved ergonomics and 15mm reach adjustment.
The ST-R7000 shifters are for rim brakes or cable-actuated disc brakes. We have a pair of these in and each shifter weighs 238g.
- Shimano 105 ST-R7000 weight: 238g per shifter
- Shimano 105 ST-R7000 pricing (pair): £219.99 / $234.99 / €229.00 / AU$429.00
The new ST-R7020 Dual-Control levers are the first hydraulic disc brakes at the 105 level. These replace the non-series RS-505 brake levers, which worked well but had bulges for the hydraulic internals that some riders found awkward in hand.
Note the below prices refer to a fully bled system (left and right).
- Shimano 105 ST-R7020 pricing: £469.98 / $619.98 / €429.00 / AU$858
Rounding out this trio is the ST-R7025, which is a hydraulic disc brake Dual-Control lever with 4mm less reach to the lever blades than the regular levers. These are designed with smaller hands (including juniors) in mind.
- Shimano 105 ST-R7025 pricing: £469.98 / $619.98 / €429.00 / AU$858
Shimano 105 BR-R7070 disc caliper and SM-RT70 disc rotor
Accompanying the new hydraulic levers is a new BR-7070 disc brake caliper. The new caliper attaches via the (now nearly universally adopted) flat mount standard. It uses the same brake pads as Dura-Ace and Ultegra.
- Shimano 105 BR-R7070 weight: 147g front, 138g rear. This is a claimed weight per caliper
- Shimano 105 BR-7070 disc caliper pricing: $69.99, €65.99, official UK and AUS pricing TBC
Along with this new caliper is the SM-RT70 rotor, already used in the SLX line. The rotor will be available in 160mm as well as a 140mm version.
- Shimano 105 SM-RT70 weight: 193g (203mm), 159g (180mm), 133g (160mm) and 121g (140mm). Claimed weight per rotor
- Shimano 105 SM-RT70 rotor pricing: $33.99 / €39.99, official UK and AUS pricing TBC
Shimano 105 BR-R7000 rim brake
If disc brakes aren’t your thing, fear not. Shimano is still offering plenty of options for those that prefer rim brakes.
Shimano has improved tyre clearance on its latest generation of brakes to fit 28mm tyres. Shimano offers the BR-R7000 series brakes in versions for direct mount front, seatstays and chainstays configurations.
Our set weighs in at 194g per brake including pads.
- BR-R7000 brake: 194g
- BR-R7000 rim brake pricing: £37.99 / $49.99 / AU$79.00 / €47.99
Shimano 105 FC-R7000 crankset
The centerpiece of the new 105 kit is the FC-R7000 crankset. It now features the same half matte, half gloss look of Dura-Ace and Ultegra.
Riders can choose from 165, 170, 172.5 and 175, and for the first time, 160mm lengths.
The crankset is available in chainring combinations of 53/39t, 52/36t and 50/34t. The cranks use the same 110mm asymemetric 4-bolt pattern as the previous generation, so unusual chainring combinations will still be possible using third-party rings.
Our 175mm cranks in a 52/36t combination including the plastic preload bolt weighs in at 752g.
- Shimano 105 FC-R7000 (52/36t) crankset weight: 752g
- Shimano 105 FC-R7000 crankset pricing: £134.99 / $159.99 / AU$259.00 / €154.99
Shimano 105 CS-R7000 and CS-HG700-11 cassettes
Accompanying the crankset is a wide range of cassette options. There are now 105-level cassettes in 11-25, 11-28, 11-30, 11-32t and the wide-range CS-HG700 11-34t version. The CS-HG700-11 version will also fit on 10-speed freehub bodies with a spacer.
Clearly thinking that the BikeRadar office is staffed by weaklings, Shimano’s UK distributor, Madison sent us through the wide range CS-HG700 cassette, which weighs 364g.
- Shimano 105 CS-R7000 cassette pricing: £42.99 / $47.99 / AU$89.00 / € 67.99
- Shimano 105 CS-HG700 11-34 cassette weight: 364g
- Shimano 105 CS-HG700-11 cassette pricing: £42.99 / $47.99 / AU$89.00 / €67.99
Shimano 105 FD-R7000 front derailleur
The latest 105-level front derailleur benefits from the design of the latest Dura-Ace front derailleur, losing the super-long actuation arm in favour of a more compact design which incorporates tension adjustment into the derailleur itself.
Shimano claims this new design requires less effort to initiate upshifts and improved cable routing options. It also improves clearances for bikes with fat tyres or with sub-optimal chain lines.
- Shimano 105 FD-R7000 front derailleur band on weight: 109g
- Shimano 105 FD-R7000 front derailleur pricing: £34.99 / $39.99 / AU$69.00 / €39.99