The sixteen 2010 USA Cycling National Championship events for professionals and amateurs will cover five disciplines of competitive cycling, with nine returning to their 2009 locations and five headed to new host cities.
After two years in Fort Collins, Colorado, the USA Cycling Collegiate Road National Championships will move to the University of Wisconsin in Madison May 7-9.
In June, ultra-endurance off roaders will make their way to Davis, West Virginia, where the USA Cycling 24-Hour Mountain Bike National Championships will be held in conjunction with the 24 Hours of Big Bear June 12-13. The competition will award Stars-and-Stripes jerseys in nine individual or team categories.
For the second year in a row, Bend, Oregon will host the USA Cycling Junior, U23, and Elite Road National Championships June 22-27, and will award national titles in the road race, criterium, and time trial events. New to the programme for 2010 will be the elite men’s and women’s criteriums, which in the past have been held in conjunction with the USA Cycling Professional Criterium National Championships.
Ultra-endurance riders will compete for 14 national titles at the USA Cycling Marathon Mountain Bike National Championships in Breckenridge, Colorado, to be held in conjunction with the Firecracker 50.
The up-and-coming track cyclists will compete for national titles in several different events on the track in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania for the USA Cycling Junior Track National Championships slated for July 8-11, as well as for the overall omnium classifications.
The USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships will be held somewhere in the Rocky Mountain July 15-18, with awards given to winners in cross country, downhill, short track cross country, four-cross, single speed, and super D.
One of USA Cycling’s largest events of the year, the USA Cycling Masters Road National Championships, will take place in Louisville, Kentucky August 1 – 7, as 1,000 amateur cyclists are expected to compete for Stars-and Stripes jerseys in the road race, criterium, and time trial events. The USA Cycling Masters Track National Championships take place at the Superdrome in Frisco, Texas September 1-5.
Downers Grove, Illinois will host the USA Cycling Professional Criterium Championships August 15, an annual tradition where one rider will be crowned national champion.
For the fifth year in a row, Greenville, South Carolina shall host the USA Cycling Professional Road and Time Trial National Championships September 18-19 in George Hincapie’s adopted hometown.
Also in September, USA Cycling Elite Track and International Omnium National Championships will be contested September 29 – October 3 at a venue to be announced soon. Collegiate cyclists from schools around the nation will kick off their 2010/2011 cycling season with the USA Cycling Collegiate Track National Championships at the Major Taylor Velodrome in Indianapolis, Indiana with dates to be announced soon as well.
The USA Cycling Collegiate Mountain Bike National Championships returns to the Northstar at Tahoe Resort near Truckee, California October 14-17. Races will include cross country, short track cross country, downhill, and four-cross.
Finally, the 2010 race season ends in Bend, Oregon, with the USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Championships, scheduled for December 9-12.
According to USA Cycling, all unconfirmed dates and locations will be announced as soon as they become available.
USA Cycling’s 2010 National Championships schedule:
- March 20: USA Cycling BMX National Championships – Desoto, Texas
- May 7-9: USA Cycling Collegiate Road National Championships – Madison, Wisconsin
- June 12-13: USA Cycling 24-Hour Mountain Bike National Championships – Davis, West Virginia
- June 22-27: USA Cycling Elite, U23, and Junior Road National Championships – Bend, Oregon
- July 15-18: USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships – TBA, Colorado
- July 4: USA Cycling Marathon Mountain Bike National Championships – Breckenridge, Colorado
- July 8-11: USA Cycling Junior Track National Championships – Trexlertown, Pennsylvania
- August 1-7: USA Cycling Masters Road National Championships – Louisville, Kentucky
- August 15: USA Cycling Professional Criterium Championships – Downers Grove, Illinois
- September 1-5: USA Cycling Masters Track National Championships – Frisco, Texas
- September 18-19: USA Cycling Professional Road & Time Trial National Championships – Greenville, South Carolina
- Sept. 29 – Oct. 3: USA Cycling Elite Track & International Omnium National Championships – TBA
- September (TBA): USA Cycling Collegiate Track National Championships – Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 14-17: USA Cycling Collegiate Mountain Bike National Championships – Truckee, California
- December 9-12: USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Championships – Bend, Oregon
- Date TBA: USA Cycling Track Tandem Sprint National Championships – Trexlertown, Pennsylvania