Italian road bike maestros Wilier are sponsoring a series of UK sportives, kicking off in October this year. The rides are being organised by new business UK Cycling Events.
Ross Patterson from Wilier said: “We are very excited in joining and supporting UK Cycling Events. They are hitting all the right notes, appealing to a broad range of cyclists – us included. They promise to provide an enjoyable and, if you wish, challenging experience, with seamless organisation.”
Martin Barden of UK Cycling Events said: “Our aim is to run the UK’s best and most rider-friendly cycling events; our program will challenge all levels of cyclists and a consistent high quality of organisation will ensure they are the ‘must ride’ events of the year. To have Wilier supporting us will underpin our ethos of quality.”
The challenges will feature maintenance support from CycleSurgery, and High5 feed stations. For more details, see www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk.
2009/10 Wilier Sportives
- 11 October 2009: New Forest Sportive
- 18 October: South Downs Sportive
- 18 April 2010: New Forest Spring Sportive
- 25 April: North Downs Dash
- 2 May: Jurassic Beast, Dorset
- 30 May: Sussex Scramble
- 26 June: The Long One (200km), Sussex
- 11 July: Mega Meon, Hampshire
- 1 August: Haywards Heath Howler
- 10 October: New Forest 100 Sportive
- 17 October: South Downs 100 Sportive