Online auction sites can be a great source for bargain bikes – as long as you know what you’re doing and don’t fall foul of the regular pitfalls (such as stolen bikes or dodgy salesmen – basically if something seems too good to be true, it probably is).
If you’re looking to buy online, make sure you’ve read our guide on buying from eBay first. Othewise, beware of the following pedal-adorned shockers pointed out by several members of the BikeRadar community.
Put your wallet away for the following, and pray that your ride is not featured…
1. Ah, Grandad’s bike. We’ve found it at last… This shocker was spotted by Pinarello001 along with this lot. (And thanks to My Grandad’s Bike for the gag.)
2. This strange ride (love the position of the bottle cage) was spied by Arthur Scrimshaw.
3. Pinarello001 also spotted this strange Giant hybrid.
4. Well, hello there, beautiful. Is there any room left on the bars? Great accessories though. Scrimshaw‘ed.
5. Bianchimoon has pointed us towards this flyer. You can buy it yourself right now from eBay for around £370/US$550/AU$720.
6. Pinarello001 with the reporting of this agricultural offering, which was on eBay not so long ago.
7. Adjustable stem? Another one contributed from Arthur Scrimshaw.
8. Ebike? With full suspension? Respect to Daz555 for discovering this. Unfortunately the eBay sale has now ended – someone forked out £420 / US$620 / AU$820 for it.
9. Pinarello001 found this old urban fox.
10. Unloved, unwashed, unrideable? Eddy would not be proud. From Portuguese auction site CustoJusto, via Team47b.
11. Now we’re talking… How’s that new Jiant bike of yours faring? Yeah, the one with the kickstand and… Pulcrum Kacing Zerqs… Cheers Nweststeyn for this from Napd.
12. Er… Kudos once again to Pinarello001.
13. One for the hipsters. Too late to save it? Spotters badge goes to (again) Pinarello001, who found it up for sale on eBay at the end of 2014.
Spotted any others? Share! Add them to this thread here.