Hooked on cycling? The longer you spend even just thinking about time on two wheels, the more you find yourself equipped with specialist knowledge, or very important decision making processes, that show just how far this sport has really taken you.
Here are 25 tell-tale signs you’re a cyclist for life. If you identify with more than 20 of them, your friends and family are probably worried you’re going to turn into a bike one day.
1. You know that a good bike ride is about more than the riding. You plan the day accordingly.
2. You know how to ride there but you’re not sure how to drive there.
3. You sometimes use cars to drive your bike around. You just choose not to use them for every journey.
Ever picked your family holiday destinations around iconic hill climbs or singletrails? :
4. You catch yourself wishing it would all be simpler if you could wear your cycling clothes at work.
5. You know about good cafés in totally obscure places.
6. Technically, you’re grateful for the rain. But secretly you hate it. Unless it’s a rest day.
7. You keep a spare set of tyres in the garage. They’re either new in the box, or completely hammered and ‘for just in case’. Either way, you know you’re going to need them.
8. When guests laugh at the number of bikes inside your home, you confess it’s because you ran out of space in the garage.
9. You love your road bike, you love your mountain bike/other road bike/TT bike, and, if you don’t already love your cyclocross/track bike/fixie/BMX/super commuter, you’re thinking seriously about buying one.
Number 10. you look like you’re riding a bike even when you’re not :
10. You look like you’re riding a bike even when you’re not (see above).
11. You pick your holiday destinations around iconic hill climbs or trails.