The Wiggle Honda women’s cycling team was launched in a luxurious hilltop castle on the foothills of the Italian Dolomites last week.
It was a fitting setting in which to launch the squad: the Wiggle Honda fleet of bikes is a homage to Italian cycling gear. Among the Colnago C59s was double Olympic gold medallist Laura Trott’s Team Edition model.
The model on show was the 21-year-old’s race bike – a fact pointed to by the absence of an SRM crank, which is on her training bike, and the presence of Campagnolo Bora Ultra 2 tubulars.
Trott’s name is emblazoned on the inside of the non-driveside chainstay
At the heart of the bike is the C59 frameset. The lugged carbon race frame – Italian made – is a 42cm model with sloping geometry and was rigged to put her in the most aerodynamic position possible: a 130mm stem and 15mm of saddle setback see to that.
Despite the steep climb back up the hill to the hotel, Trott’s gearings were 53/39 chainrings driving and an 11-25 cassette
The bike is hung with Italian components throughout. A Campagnolo Super Record EPS groupset delivers transmission and braking, Deda provides the finishing kit, including narrow 380mm (c-t-c) bars and Trott’s choice of Fi’zi:k saddle was a Versus Aliante with braided rails.
Trott’s saddle choice is a Fi’zi:k Aliante with the Versus channel
The only departure from the Italian tradition was the top-of-the-range Look Keo 2 Blade pedals with titanium spindles.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Colnago C59 Team Edition (42cm, sloping)
- Fork: Colnago C59
- Headset: Colnago Integrated, tapered
- Stem: Deda Zero 100 (130mm)
- Handlebar: Deda Zero 38cm, c-t-c
- Tape: Fi’zi:k Superlight
- Front brake: Campagnolo Super Record Skeleton
- Rear brake: Campagnolo Super Record Skeleton
- Brake levers: Campagnolo EPS Super Record Ergopower levers
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo EPS Super Record and chain catcher
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo EPS Super Record
- Shift levers: Campagnolo EPS Super Record Ergopower levers
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record (11-25)
- Chain: Campagnolo Super Record
- Crankset: Campagnolo Ultra Torque 170mm (53/39)
- Bottom bracket: Campagnolo Super Record
- Pedals: Look Keo 2 Blade Ti
- Wheelset: Campagnolo Bora Ultra 2
- Front tyre: Vittoria Corsa CX 23mm
- Rear tyre: Vittoria Corsa CX 23mm
- Saddle: Fi’zi:k Versus Aliante Braided
- Seatpost: Deda Superleggero RS
- Bottle cages: Tacx Uma Carbon
- Computer: SRM PowerControl7
- Rider’s height: 163cm (5′ 2″)
- Rider’s weight: 52kg (114lb)
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 670mm
- Head tube: 122mm
- Saddle setback: 15mm
- Seat tube length (c-t-c): 395mm
- Tip of saddle to centre of bar: 15mm
- Saddle-to-bar drop: 100mm
- Top tube length (effective): 510mm