Like his senior American compatriot Jeremy Powers, 17-year-old Logan Owen wants a front-row start for the Cyclocross World Championships that will be held in Louisville, Kentucky. The multi-time junior national champion is now in 5th place on UCI points after the first UCI World Cup on October 21 in Tabor.
Owen is racing a Redline Carbon Conquest Team with an electric Shimano Ultegra Di2 drivetrain, FSA components and wheels, and Challenge Team Edition tubulars.
As a Team Redline rider, Owen has his pick of Challenge Team Edition tubulars. Unlike the currently available Challenge tubulars with poly casings, the Team Edition Challenge tubulars have a suppler cotton casing. On the morning of the Tabor World Cup, Owen pre-rode the course to decide which tires to run.
“I changed my mind about running the Challenge Grifos as the course became much slicker than yesterday when we pre-rode the course,” Owen said. “I ended up switching to the Challenge Limus [mud] tire.”
Owen’s 2013 Redline Carbon Conquest Team frame is a cantilever-brake bike — but the frame is ready to accept a disc post mounts in the rear triangle. The fork is cantilever-only.
A full disc version will likely surface in the next few months. In the meantime, Owen will be gunning for gold in Louisville on this bike.
Complete bike specification
- Frame: 2013 Redline Carbon Conquest Team, 56cm
- Fork: Redline unidirectional carbon fiber
- Stem: FSA SLK, 90mm
- Headset: FSA Orbit CX 1.5ZS w/cable hanger
- Headset spacer: FSA polycarbonite white
- Bar tape: XLC Cork white
- Handlebar: FSA K force compact, 42cm
- Front Brake: FSA K-Force carbon cyclocross caliper
- Rear Brake: FSA K-Force carbon cyclocross caliper
- Brake Pads: Kool Stop red carbon cross
- Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2
- Shifters: Shimano Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 12-25
- Chain: KMX X10.93 silver
- Crankset: SLK Compact cross, 172.5mm
- Chainrings: FSA Pro rings 46/36
- Bottom Bracket: Road BB-PressFit 30
- Pedals: Shimano XTR
- Wheelset: SL-K Carbon Tubulars
- Front Tire: Challenge Team Edition Grifo (shown – Limus raced in Tabor World Cup)
- Rear Tire: Challenge Team Edition Grifo (shown – Limus raced in Tabor World Cup)
- Saddle: WTB Silverrado carbon white
- Seat post: SL-K w/ 20mm set back
- Seat Clamp: Redline w/ built-in hanger
- Rider’s height: 5’10”/178cm
- Rider’s weight: 146lbs/66kg
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 78cm
- Seat tube length, c-t: 54cm
- Tip of saddle to center of bar: 56.5cm
- Head tube length: 141mm
- Top tube length (effective): 56.5cm
- Total bicycle weight: 17.25lbs with Shimano XTR pedals