At this 2017 Tour de France, Stephen Cummings jumped into the breakaway on stage 12 with an eye on a third career stage victory.
After shaking his breakaway companions, Cummings was eventually caught on the penultimate climb by the GC group with less than 10km remaining. Romain Bardet (AG2R) eventually won the stage.
Cummings won both the road race and time trial at the British national championships last month, and to celebrate Cervélo presented the 36-year-old with a custom S5 race bike.
Unlike some of the other custom race bikes in the Tour de France peloton, Cervélo opts to add decorative decals as opposed to painting the frame. The British colours feature on the inside of the stays and fork, as well as on the main triangle of the frame.
Cummings’ bike also features the the shield of royal arms of the United Kingdom on either side of the fork legs.
Cummings is known for his elongated, time-trial style on the road bike, which is facilitated by a 150mm, negative 17-degree stem and a size 56 frame.
Equipped with Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 series shifting and braking, the crankset consists of a ROTOR 2inPower crankset and NoQ chainrings.
The wheelset comes courtesy of ENVE’s SES 4.5 rims alongside Chris King R45 hubs.
Team Dimension Data generally runs Shimano Ultegra cassettes to reduce running costs.
- Frame: Cervélo S5, size 56, custom colours for British national champion
- Fork: Cervélo all-carbon, tapered S5 Fork
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070
- Derailleurs: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-28t
- Chain: KMC X11-SL Gold
- Crankset: ROTOR 2inPower crankset, ROTOR NoQ chainrings, 53/39t
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed
- Wheelset: ENVE SES 4.5 with Chris King R45 hubs
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: ENVE SES Aero carbon
- Stem: 3T ARX alloy, 150mm, -17 degree negative drop
- Headset: CeramicSpeed
- Tapes/grips: LizardSkins DSP
- Pedals: Speedplay Zero Aero
- Saddle: Fizik Antares
- Seatpost: Cervélo Carbon Aero SP17
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Computer: Garmin Edge 520
- Other accessories: ROTOR rear derailleur hanger
- Rider height: 1.89m
- Rider weight: 73kg
- Stack: 565mm
- Reach: 392mm
- Top tube length: 565mm
- Head tube length: 157mm
Click or swipe through the gallery above to take a closer look at Cummings’ bike and follow all the action from the Tour de France at Cyclingnews.com