This article first appeared on Cyclingnews.
At his home national Tour, Silvan Dillier (AG2R La Mondiale) has given his national road race champion’s jersey plenty of air time at the front of the Tour de Suisse, managing to embed himself in the breakaway for stages 4 and 5 of the race.
Matching his bold red-and-white national champion’s jersey, Dillier has been riding custom-painted Factor framesets in the Swiss colours during the race. Dillier opted for the aero Factor One for stage 2 and the lighter Factor O2 for the stages with more climbing later in the week.
The aero frameset from Factor has a few unusual design features, even for an aero-specific bike, taking the hinged external steerer design usually seen on time trial bikes and a split down tube, again inspired from the brand’s time trial frameset.
The design of the frame is in the contrasting red and white Swiss national colours, with the Swiss national coat of arms featuring at the bottom of the down tube and on each of the fork shoulders.
Dillier’s nickname (Sid) also appears on the top tube at the junction with the seat tube.
AG2R La Mondiale pair its Factor bikes with wheels from French brand Mavic and drivetrain components are a mix of Shimano and SRM. The Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 rear derailleur has been modified with CeramicSpeed’s OSPW system, which has also been customised for the Swiss champion with red pulley wheels.
The Factor One comes with a proprietary aero cockpit system and seatpost, and Fizik provides Dillier with a colour-coordinated Arione saddle.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a detailed look at Dillier’s custom Factor One.
- Frame: Factor ONE
- Fork: Factor ONE
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 direct mount
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 direct mount
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 with CeramicSpeed OSPW in custom colours
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra
- Chain: Shimano Ultegra
- Crankset: SRM Origin with 53/39 Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 chainrings
- Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed
- Wheelset: Mavic Comete
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars/stem: Factor OTIS Evo integrated
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon
- Saddle: Fizik Arione
- Seatpost: Factor ONE
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race Plus