The CCC Team was formed for the 2019 season following the merger of BMC Racing and Pro Continental team CCC Sprandi Polkowice. Long-time BMC Racing Team owner Andy Rihs died last spring, leaving a large sponsorship gap and the future of the team on the brink before the Polish-registered squad stepped in.
With the change in sponsor came an inevitable change in bikes, and CCC will race on a mix of Giant TCR Advanced SLs — a higher-spec version of the same bike we crowned our 2018 bike of the year — and disc-equipped Propels.
In a peloton that is defined by lairy paint jobs this year, the team’s all-black bikes stand out by virtue of being so understated. The women’s team, formerly WaowDeals, will ride similarly designed Liv bikes — Giant’s female-specific brand.
In the run-up to the 2019 edition of the Tour Down Under, we took Jakub Mareczko’s bike aside on the eve of his WorldTour team debut.
Mareczko’s Giant TCR Advanced SL is built around a full Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 Di2 groupset. The crankset is fitted with Shimano’s own power meter, which feeds data into the team’s Giant Neos Track GPS headunits.
Giant also supplies house-brand wheels, finishing kit and bottle cages. The tyres come courtesy of Vittoria, with Mareczko’s 25mm wide Corsa tubulars potentially showing signs of a seriously impressive cornering technique.
Click through to have a closer look at Jakub Mareczko’s Giant TCR Advanced SL.
Jakub Mareczko’s full bike specifications
- Frameset: Giant TCR Advanced SL
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-30
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P with Shimano power meter, 53/39 chainrings, 170mm cranks
- Wheelset: Giant SLR 0 42mm tubular
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa, 25mm tubular
- Stem: Giant Contact SL,130mm
- Handlebars: Giant Contact SLR, 400mm
- Tape/grips: Giant
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Giant Contact SLR
- Seatpost: Giant TCR Advanced ISP seat mast topper
- Bottle cages: Giant Airway Sport
- Computer: Giant Neos Track
- Rider height: 1.70m
- Saddle height (from centre of bottom bracket): 680mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars (at centre): 530mm
- Weight: 6.83kg