This article first appeared on Cyclingnews
LottoNL-Jumbo riders Jos van Emden and Primoz Roglic raced the final stage of the Tirreno-Adriatico aboard specially painted Bianchi Aquila CV time trial bikes. The two riders placed second and ninth respectively on the stage.
- Zdenek Stybar’s Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc gallery
- Specialized launches S-Works Dual and Single power meters
The Dutch squad usually races on its Italian time trial bikes in black with celeste decals, but for the final stage of the Italian one-week stage race, the team’s two main time trial protagonists were equipped with special hand-painted framesets.
In the iconic celeste, made famous by the Italian frame builder, Roglic and van Emden’s frames also feature black patterning over the celeste base colour on the top tube and seat tube.
LottoNL-Jumbo pairs its Bianchi framesets with full Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 series electronic groupsets and uses wheels from Shimano’s sister brand PRO.
Primoz Roglic, who took silver at the men’s elite time trial world championships last autumn, runs a 58t outer chainring.
Click or swipe through the gallery above to take a closer look at Van Emden’s and Roglic’s bikes.
Bianchi Aquila full specifications
- Frame: Bianchi Aquila CounterVail in special edition celeste for Tirreno-Adriatico
- Fork: Bianchi Aquila CounterVail
- Front brake: TRP TTV RCR, alloy
- Rear brake: TRP TTV RCR, alloy
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9160
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 with Pioneer power meter
- Rear wheel: PRO Textreme Disc tubular
- Front wheel: PRO 3-Spoke Textreme tubular
- Tyres: Vittoria tubular
- Handlebars/extensions: Vision Trimax Carbon
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Fizik
- Seatpost: Bianchi Aero Carbon
- Bottle cages: None used